Does Core2Quad Has A lot of problem of Overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

suyash_123

Techno Freak
hey guys, i will be purchasing a new PC (desktop) .
I always go for latest but which comes in my budget.
I have 25000 to 30000 budget

I have budget of 20000 for just Cpu.
So i went to a computer dealer and ask for Core2quad processor price and Its compatable MOBO

But that fellow said that don't take core 2quad , it gets over heat very quickly.
it requires a very Low surrounding temp.
if u have AC in your house then its ok but if not then it get problem of over heat .
and due to overheat problem no Branded PC Like Dell,Hp etc are launching there Core2Quad series as they know that the Surrounding temp in india(pune) is High.

I said that's b**l s**t . Intel must have take care of it.

But I Have little thought in my mind, that is why Branded PC are not taking out there core2Quad range in INDIA

Please any buddy Using Core2quad processor. Tell ur reviews on it

am i right to buy Core2quad.
Also with that Please tell me
Which Core2Quad I should buy There are numerous range
(I want visualization technology in tht processor to as Xp mode of Win7 works only on Vt tech)

Also Suggest A goodMotherboard for same .

Thanks in Advance

Krow

Crowman
You are right. What the dealer said is BS. But the config you chose is not optimal. First of all what are you going to use this PC for? Secondly, C2Q is a range which is soon going to be replaced entirely by Intel. Already, we have core i5, which is better at cheaper prices. For your budget, an AMD config would make the most sense. Let us know of your usage and config will be suggested accordingly. 20k for CPU? By that do you mean the whole of the cabinet (box in which motherboard, processor, etc are kept)?

I think you are talking about virtualisation, aren't you? All in good time. First, tell your usage. :)

OP
S

suyash_123

Techno Freak
See i m a software developer and working as free lancer sometimes.
I need to Run Visual studio 2008/2010(beta)
I also use Dream weaver .
For dbase i use Both Mysql and Sql server.
Many a times i open Adobe photo shop to clip and modify images and bannerd for my webites.

But most of all i keep 2-3 instance of firefox open with 1 visual std,sqlserver2005/mysql server and lots and lots of Ie/Crome/firefox/safari/..... browser open for cross platform CSS compatibility.

And most imp thing i also keep open My Winamp5 :)

Thus i open lots and lots of application at a time, i will go for Visualization.

And what setup i should choose.
Not my frd took Q8200 and said that not to buy as it has no Visualization.
If possible then go for Corei5 it is about 10,000 to 12,000/-

What should i do.
I just want the complete machine with just Mobo,Processor,Ram,Case(Cooling is also imp aspect), in 20,000 (no GF card,no modem,NO DVD....)

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Whether its amd, ati, nvidia or intel,unethical dealers will say any crap just to clear their stock. There are people who don't know the difference between hot and warm, let alone troubleshooting it rather than sitting in a corner and cribbing about it.
===
Long story made short, do RnD, read reviews and once you're confident, ask a second opinion in the forums and get it from the dealer irrespective of what they say. If you're not getting the stuff what you need, get it from online sellers like primeabgb or itdepot.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
See i m a software developer and working as free lancer sometimes.
I need to Run Visual studio 2008/2010(beta)
I also use Dream weaver .
For dbase i use Both Mysql and Sql server.
Many a times i open Adobe photo shop to clip and modify images and bannerd for my webites.

But most of all i keep 2-3 instance of firefox open with 1 visual std,sqlserver2005/mysql server and lots and lots of Ie/Crome/firefox/safari/..... browser open for cross platform CSS compatibility.

And most imp thing i also keep open My Winamp5 :)

Thus i open lots and lots of application at a time, i will go for Visualization.

And what setup i should choose.
Not my frd took Q8200 and said that not to buy as it has no Visualization.
If possible then go for Corei5 it is about 10,000 to 12,000/-

What should i do.
I just want the complete machine with just Mobo,Processor,Ram,Case(Cooling is also imp aspect), in 20,000 (no GF card,no modem,NO DVD....)

for all your need a C2D setup is enuf.....dont go for Core-i5...coz it will be filled by C2D..& moreover u dont want GCard.....

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
the reason why core2quad has not been popular with the brands is due to it's underperformance. they are inferior still to dual cores in gaming and there aren't enough apps that take full use of 4 cores.

it has nothing to do with temperatures etc.

anyways, with the release of core ix and Athlon II X4, quad core market is on the rise.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@OP:
C2Q have no temperature issues. They run fine on stock. We can help you revisit your decision to buy..?

Krow

Crowman
Within 20k :

AMD Athlon II X4 620 @ 5.5k or Phenom II X4 945 @ 8.5k
MSI 785GM-E51 @ 4.6k or Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-US2H @ 5.5k
2x2GB DDR3 1333MHz Kingston @ 5k
CM Elite 335 @ 2.1k
Gigabyte 460W @ 2.2k (if you won't add a graphics card later), else Tagan TG-500 U37 @ 3.2k

OP
S

suyash_123

Techno Freak
hey every body .
i Decided my configuration for Quad core as:

Core I5 750 : 11500/-
Trancend/Kingsten: 2GB DDR3 - 2700/-
INtel Chipset P55:- 6500/-
DVD 1200/-
18'' LCD: 7500/-
HDD:- 2000/-
Cabinet 2000/-

This is Prices in Data care Corportion (DCC) pune -(Largest distributor and wholesaler)

in other place Myc omp Shopee:
HE Given a config as:
i5 750 2.66ghz 4mb cache: 10000/-
P55Wb intel mobo: 6000/-
2 Gb DR 2500/-
Cabinet 1500/-
HDD 500GB: 2600/-
LCd: 19'' - 6300/-

But i Google a lot to check is there any core i5 supporting 4MB .
i Didn't get it.
Is there another version of Core i5 of 4MB cache?

I checked the prices of core i7 920 it said 14500/-
Should i wait for 2-3 months for it
Because i read that some main features like: Hyper treading,QPI and 3 channel Mem Controller is missing in Core i5?
So Should i wait

Coz as Core i7 also supports: socket LGA 1366 thus compatible mobos will also be expensive.

Does intel pricess fall on March..
i heard in march the prices slashes!

---------- Post added at 04:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 AM ----------

hey every body .
i Decided my configuration for Quad core as:

Core I5 750 : 11500/-
Trancend/Kingsten: 2GB DDR3 - 2700/-
INtel Chipset P55:- 6500/-
DVD 1200/-
18'' LCD: 7500/-
HDD:- 2000/-
Cabinet 2000/-

This is Prices in Data care Corportion (DCC) pune -(Largest distributor and wholesaler)

in other place Myc omp Shopee:
HE Given a config as:
i5 750 2.66ghz 4mb cache: 10000/-
P55Wb intel mobo: 6000/-
2 Gb DR 2500/-
Cabinet 1500/-
HDD 500GB: 2600/-
LCd: 19'' - 6300/-

But i Google a lot to check is there any core i5 supporting 4MB .
i Didn't get it.
Is there another version of Core i5 of 4MB cache?

I checked the prices of core i7 920 it said 14500/-
Should i wait for 2-3 months for it
Because i read that some main features like: Hyper treading,QPI and 3 channel Mem Controller is missing in Core i5?
So Should i wait

Coz as Core i7 also supports: socket LGA 1366 thus compatible mobos will also be expensive.

Does intel pricess fall on March..
i heard in march the prices slashes!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
after March, price cut will happen in May and then in august and then november and then in march.

new core i5 dual core processors are coming. anyways stick to the current config and get atleast 4gig of ram. 2gig is too low these days.

core i5 750 afaik has hyperthreading. and core i7 is clearly out of your budget.

layzee

■■■■■■
after March, price cut will happen in May and then in august and then november and then in march.

new core i5 dual core processors are coming. anyways stick to the current config and get atleast 4gig of ram. 2gig is too low these days.

core i5 750 afaik has hyperthreading. and core i7 is clearly out of your budget.

Core i5 does not feature Hyper Threading

Anubis

Courage to Know
I think suyash should order online. The prices he is getting are rip offs. In Kolkatta core i5 is for 9.5k! :shock:

www.theitwares.com
www.lynx-india.com

I made a typo there , its 9.8k bro (all inclusive)

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

U r too optimistic. There'll be no price cuts for Intel proccy until 2011 till AMD comes out with anything to challenge Intel.

No price cuts for 2010 confirmed. AMD needs to hit back for Intel price cuts

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
hey guys, i will be purchasing a new PC (desktop) .
I always go for latest but which comes in my budget.
I have 25000 to 30000 budget

I have budget of 20000 for just Cpu.
So i went to a computer dealer and ask for Core2quad processor price and Its compatable MOBO

But that fellow said that don't take core 2quad , it gets over heat very quickly.
it requires a very Low surrounding temp.
if u have AC in your house then its ok but if not then it get problem of over heat .
and due to overheat problem no Branded PC Like Dell,Hp etc are launching there Core2Quad series as they know that the Surrounding temp in india(pune) is High.

I said that's b**l s**t . Intel must have take care of it.

But I Have little thought in my mind, that is why Branded PC are not taking out there core2Quad range in INDIA

Please any buddy Using Core2quad processor. Tell ur reviews on it

am i right to buy Core2quad.
Also with that Please tell me
Which Core2Quad I should buy There are numerous range
(I want visualization technology in tht processor to as Xp mode of Win7 works only on Vt tech)

Also Suggest A goodMotherboard for same .

Thanks in Advance

I can also confirm that even the last gen quad cores like Core 2 Quads don't get too hot when stressed using regular apps like high end games. I have a native resolution of 1080p and I always play current games under that res. Even crysis didn't make my processor go beyond 65C (keep in mind I stay at Pondicherry, where ambient temp is almost 30C always in daytime). So it's a bullshit about overheating of quad cores. Just go for a good quad core from which you can get most value for money and get a spacious cabinet which supports good airflow. You won't have to worry about it again.

OP
S

suyash_123

Techno Freak
Ok buddy i decided to stick to my config.
i Kept the ram 2gb coz i am buying a cooler system of 2500/- from Cooler master
i will buy ram after wards (in next 6 months)

Ok i know The rates will be falling and new Intels Will be launching, end of the day,
new model come, rate high, more temptation, more wait and my pc will not be at my home

HEhehehehe ;-)
So i decided to go for core i5

Also i want to tell that Is there any model of I5 with 4mb cache version?
And i also want to ask that ya the prices on Net are lower than shop prices.
But what about the maintainous and warrenty.

If Any thing damage the DCC shop(big shop in pune)
Just make a replecement te same day.
All my frds Accepted that this shop is very relaible.

I think Untill 1-2nd week of jan i will stand up 10000 bucks from my salary and add to make a budget 25000/-, this making it 36000/- and buy a decent Core i5 with Nice cabinet, 20'' inch Samsung monitor , 500gb HDD, .......

[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom