Does Changing Of Web Server Affect Listing On Search Engines

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuXian

In the zone
Does changing of web server effect the sites listing and ranking on different search engines especially Google?

Some say if the new server has a shared IP then spamming/illegal sites on that server can effect the prospects of the new site! Is it true??

Are there any other disadvantages???

ramprasad

In the zone
Hi
As far as I know, the ratingis definitely affected and is mainly based on ur Webserver also.....

Regards,
Ramprasad

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
well.. depends on ur settings.. if u've allowed Bots indexing (index, follow), on both servers.. same setting.. well.. i guess it wont affect..

But as u say running a site on IP address is not a good idea.. That doesnt mean having dediecated IP.. ratehr than shared.. what i mean is something like how TA is running now.. coz usually sites runnin directlyt on IPs hold warez, movies and other illegal stuff..

Deep

Version 2.0
tuxian said:
Does changing of web server effect the sites listing and ranking on different search engines especially Google?

Some say if the new server has a shared IP then spamming/illegal sites on that server can effect the prospects of the new site! Is it true??

Are there any other disadvantages???

oh oh oh..so many diff replies here..

let me answer :D

well, if you change your webhost frequently i.e. say once a month then it can effect but changing webhost once in a blue moon is not gonna affect your ranking at al...

about ur 2nd question, as far as i know, you get shared IP unless you go for dedicated hosting, 99.99% of shared hosting providers host sites on one single IP....dedicated IP is given only when you want ssl cert or some other specific reason...

so if your server has too many illgal stuff on same IP then it might affect but in general cases it doest matter..

Deep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom