General Query Does buying online affect warranty?

Hey all!!

I am going to buy the Sapphire HD7770 and the Antec Vp450p from flipkart. However my friend said that if you buy from flipkart then you do not get warranty. Is this true?? What about snapdeal??

If you do go for warranty, how will you go about it??

Who handles Sapphire's RMA in India??what about Antec ??

Also can you post the procedure to do so for the RMA??

Sorry if my questions are noobish, but I'm a bit worried :(

Thanks in Advance!!

Shiva

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
seriously?? you are asking this??

after all your lurking here in the forum?

obviously it doesnt affect any warranty terms.

*Shiva*

:lol:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hey all!!

I am going to buy the Sapphire HD7770 and the Antec Vp450p from flipkart. However my friend said that if you buy from flipkart then you do not get warranty. Is this true?? What about snapdeal??

If you do go for warranty, how will you go about it??

Who handles Sapphire's RMA in India??what about Antec ??

Also can you post the procedure to do so for the RMA??

Sorry if my questions are noobish, but I'm a bit worried :(

Thanks in Advance!!

Shiva

If its mentioned in the website, then you will get warranty. but do check who provides the warranty, if its Seller warranty, then it may not be a good option to buy the products.

ashs1

Padawan
As long as it is mentioned that you get 12/24/36 months of Manufacturer's warranty from the date of purchase, you don't have to worry.
If the product has seller warranty, it means that if the product has any problem, You will have to approach the seller ( instead of Authorised Service centre) in case you wanna get it repaired. Hence, avoid this if possible.

Flipkart usually Offers Manufacturer's warranty. Check the rating of the seller in flipkart. WS Retail is a good dealer.

No idea about sapphire's RMA in india.

hope this helps.

seriously?? you are asking this??

after all your lurking here in the forum?

obviously it doesnt affect any warranty terms.

*Shiva*

:lol:

:oops: hey!! All of us make mistakes sometime or the other no? It was a reputed "friend"
my dad :oops:
so I asked :) anyway thanks. :)

@saiyan & @ashs1

It's manufacturers warranty . 3yrs.

By the way, sapphires RMA ??

the shiva is copyrighted! You will face my lawyers if you continue!! :)

Shiva

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
:oops: hey!! All of us make mistakes sometime or the other no? It was a reputed "friend"
my dad :oops:
so I asked :) anyway thanks. :)

@saiyan & @ashs1

It's manufacturers warranty . 3yrs.

By the way, sapphires RMA ??

the shiva is copyrighted! You will face my lawyers if you continue!! :)

Shiva

Its okay..

While making the purchase just make sure that the manufacturer has good ASS reputation...

Say what, i lost the bill for my g500 after buying it from flipkart. I mailed them for providing a soft copy, and was promptly provided with the same. :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Buying from flipkart is like buying from anywhere. Just more convenient. Sometimes at a little extra cost.

*Shiva*

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Well, it does.

I may sound surprising but it's the sad truth.

Many companies don't honor you warranty in case you purchased online.

A few days before, many companies issued clarification on this, that "the product being sold through online retail outlets in India such as flipkart, will not be honored same warranty as products sold through normal shops get".

Lenovo was one of them, and many more reputed companies. I don't remember their names, but I read it. Will find and give link after I get it.

PS: This was the result of intense pressure by local shop owners over companies due to the stiff competition they were getting from online counterparts. And the prior still hold 70% of the sales, so the maths.

PPS: Nov 2011, when I bought my laptop, I too faced a similar yet small issue due to this. Letsbuy had given me a 14" bag against 15"6, and when I asked for a change, they directed me to Sony, and Sony directly refused to accept Letsbuy as their "authorised seller", and to deal with them only. I was totally helpless.

Guys, one doubt,

The Sapphire Official page tells this

Sapphire VGA products carry a 2 year warranty* with all enquires carried out through your initial place of purchase. This can only be carried out by the original purchaser Please contact your Dealer/Reseller for Warranty / RMA service. They will require proof of purchase which includes the original invoice/documentation.

In this case, the seller ( initial place of purchase ) is flipkart, so how can I claim warranty from them??

Shiva

ankitjain1116

Broken In
@ shivakanth.sujit

Sapphire India warranty is taken care by Aditya Infotech.I also Have Sapphire HD 6570 1GB DDR3 :) I live in Chandigarh
Locate your service center here Welcome to Aditya Group

Call them and ask the procedure

Top Bottom