does anyone own a mac mini(i'm planning)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gauravsuneja

macaddict
hi guys and gals,
does anyone among u own a mac mini .i'm planning to buy one since 2 years i was waiting for it saving money wanted to buy one when i mac was there .but now just at this stage i want mac os on my system at the cheapest rates and i think this is the easiest way to own a mac .some websites claim they can run mac os on pc with native support without 3rd party emulators.i want to ask
1) any pc in india which i can buy running mac os
2) shalli go about it i have 17" samsung 75e monitor which is 5 years old can it connect to mac mini and any demerits i have a pc pentium 4 at home and my budget is 25k

escape7

What? Where? How?
1. As far as i know that mac runs on its own hardware

2. Mac mini is just the cabinet with processing units & an OS...u'll have to use your own monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers etc.

It costs $499... about Rs 22455...fits your budget

escape7

What? Where? How?
gauravsuneja said:
arre india mein kitna hai baato toh i'have inqiured they r giving it for 32k

Easy dude...i just gave an overview...and i tried to answer your two questions...

also if you have enquired about it then you must have got ur answers

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Or alternately, u can buy a powerful x86 system, download and run PearPC, download/buy mac os images and run it inside pearpc. This method of emulation will be slow too. But hey, it's the same difference as buying a slow mac mini.

goobimama

 Macboy
As everyone has heard, Apple is moving to Intel chips. That is, the x86 system. Now, the x86 version of Mac OSX has been leaked out or something and can be downloaded and installed on a Intel PC, though there are still a lot of bugs.

Mac mini, though it has a slow clock speed is quite fast if clubbed with 512 MB of RAM and can be used for your day to day applications including Photoshop (Photoshop runs faster on a Mac mini 1.2 Ghz than a 1.8 P4..) That's my 36 cents...

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Rest assured, u will find it difficult to find it in a local software wallah. The "download" option was an illegal one, so forget it. You did'n't see me type isohunt.com

Deep

Version 2.0
Anand, mail2and owns it..
He purhased mac mini yesterday only for 35K i suppose..

let me ask him to check this thread...

Deep

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
siriusb said:
Or alternately, u can buy a powerful x86 system, download and run PearPC, download/buy mac os images and run it inside pearpc. This method of emulation will be slow too. But hey, it's the same difference as buying a slow mac mini.

I am really surprised that a guy labelled brainiac in digit should have such a poor knowledge of hardware. Or are you caught in the mhz myth too?

My dear friend, my 1.42 ghz mac mini boots the freaking OS in 25 seconds flat. Can your PEE CEE claim that?

Have u ever come close to using pear pc or the x86 native image? the x86 thing boots in over 1 minute on my dad's celeron M 1.4 ghz processor.

I am really surprised that you did not even care to check before pronouncing utter wrong advice.. mind to check the benchmarks?

You can flame me, ban me.. but that's the truth.. knowledge here in digit forums about apple is near nil

Who says there are no software? I have got every software that I will ever need. Ok there aren't 5656546 software for each task.. but there are 20... and quality matters more than quantity..

HAve u ever used a mac? or are u among the ones who read stuff on winsupersite and vomit them here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom