does airtel support 3G technology

Status
Not open for further replies.

rameeze

Broken In
Hi friends does airtel supports 3G technology because I m planning to buy SE K810i
which support 3G but not EDGE. Can 3G be used to connect the mobile to PC as a modem ?

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
dunno while was travelling to dehradun last week, my phone displayed 3g icon in the way for two hrs, i guess it must be between haridwar.

Tamoghno

Padawan
^^ did you surfed internet at that time ? Noticed any difference in speed ?

By the way what phone do you have ? I've heard than 6630 sometimes shows 3g if it dont get proper gprs /edge signal.

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
I am also 4m Dehradun...As a matter of fact, 3G is just not available anywhere in India..Hopefully by next yr. it will b launched..

saurabhpatel

Journeyman
3G is not available in India yet people seem to make thheir buying decision based on it.
I read somewhere that Indian carriers may ultimately have to bypass 3G and switch straight to 3.5G

OP
rameeze

rameeze

Broken In
Thanks all for replying,

Is there any other mobile from Nokia or SE brand which support both EDGE and 3G with good camera (3 MP or more) in Rs.11.5k budget?

Last edited:

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
3G services aren't rolled out in India yet..May be we'll rock straight to 3.5 G..Pathetic data conditions for us Indians...Plans are announced then dropped..Ditto goes to no portability issue

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
^^ did you surfed internet at that time ? Noticed any difference in speed ?

By the way what phone do you have ? I've heard than 6630 sometimes shows 3g if it dont get proper gprs /edge signal.

I didn't.:(
BTW, I have N95 & E51. E51 which has airtel connection was showing 3G icon.

I am also 4m Dehradun...As a matter of fact, 3G is just not available anywhere in India..Hopefully by next yr. it will b launched..

I am not telling lie, I am 100% confident it was showing 3G icon. May I wud have screenshot.:(

I am going mussoorie soon, if I get icon again I will take screenshot & will post here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom