does 22" monitor require gr8 graphix card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
so i currently have a 17" crt monitor and a nvidia 6200 graphix card.

now i can play hd movies upto 720p without any problem.

now if i buy a 22" or 24" lcd monitor then will i be able to run movies and the games that i play now without any problems??

mainly read text,net and movies.
mainly for movies i want to buy the new monitor.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
well, the reso. is usually 1680x1050 or 1920x1200 for 22" and 24" monitors.

And let me say, 6200 and gaming are two separate galaxies..

+ on a 22" monitor, forget it.
Upgrade to a 8600GT for movies and okay gaming(8500GT or 9400GT if only for movies)

OP
T

tgpraveen

Simpsons rox
well like i said i use mainly net ie text and the reason for upgrade is for better movie viewing experience.

so will i be able to do this smoothly on a 22" or 24" screen and with this nvidia 6200 card.

whereas gamess are concerned well i mostly play 2 yrs or more old games rihgt now so will they run on the new monitor?

imgame2

Padawan
well like i said i use mainly net ie text and the reason for upgrade is for better movie viewing experience.

so will i be able to do this smoothly on a 22" or 24" screen and with this nvidia 6200 card.

whereas gamess are concerned well i mostly play 2 yrs or more old games rihgt now so will they run on the new monitor?

i doubt that cos with 22" u will have increased resolution and many old games will not work so smoothly with higher resolution u might have to play them at old resolution u used to play ...

but still i would suggest u to go for 8600 gt or similar ..if not now then may be after some time

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
You won't have any problem buying a new Monitor. You don't need a new graphics card. However tell me these

1) How much RAM your graphics card has

2) Do U use Vista?

The thing is, Microsoft recommends a graphics card with 256 MB or More of RAM if you are going to use resolution of 1600X1200 or above on Vista with Aero. With a 20 or 22" Monitor, these are common resolutions. if you use Windows XP then even 128 MB of RAM in GPU will do.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Movies would scale fine but the games won't.If you plan to play any game on a 24 inch below it's native resolution then it would look pathetic (So I've heard).Considering your current graphics card I doubt it would pull any games about 800x600 resolution (depending on the game you play).Rest assured the movies would look brilliant.Better opt for a Dell monitor.

x3060

A LOTR fan
good enough, you will be able to watch movies, and do doc works, while playing games reduce the res....thats all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom