Do you miss the old skoar?

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Wait. What? I'm being accused of something? Just ask me stuff directly, I'll tell you what you want to know.

I have not accused of anything sir.

But now that you are here, perhaps you could shed some light over what changed between the old politically incorrect Skoar and the new politically correct Skoar and what happened to the former's staff?

Was Badri Narayan fired or something?

Why did it take so long for JDM/9.9 to take action over the warez on the Skoar discs and/or the magazine content?

tkin

Back to school!!
SKOAR? I vaguely remember something of this name. And a very interesting story in Digg.com (Archive.org is wonderful :D)

jk, we definitely need a dedicated gaming magazine.

Last edited:

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Not you desmond I saw someone say something earlier and point to a thread that was saying I hacked Skoar or something.

All I know is many years ago Badjag went nuts and created a gaming mag that was nuts. It was rather childish in my opinion, and we didn't know about the piracy.

There was no 9.9 involved then. It was JDM, and when the CEO found out about the piracy, it was stopped immediately.

The children's issue with cartoons on the cover and no abuses was my idea, as a "go so far to the other side that people hate it" kind of idea.

Skoar went too far, because you can't give kids a free reign to run a magazine, even if it's a gaming magazine.

Badjag was controlled and told not to abuse and get serious, and he hated that control and left. No firing or anything.

And as far as I remember, no we didn't hack our own forum, it was a disgruntled freelancer who did so because people were too lazy to patch known flaws or upgrade. That freelancer also reported the piracy to everyone and wikipedia etc, and that was what brought the piracy to the notice of the management. That's what I was told. I was just a Skoar forum user, not even an admin or mod.

Any other questions? Please ask, don't assume.

doomgiver

Warframe
bring back Badjag, i preferred the insulting and childish version of skoar!

if you cant take a simple rape joke without getting your panties in a twist, you;re not man enough.

(all joking aside, how the hell would something like a skoar! joke go too far? were you politically/violently pressured to stop?)

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I wonder what he is up to these days. His articles might be foul but they were honest.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
So the current articles are not funny or honest? Does only filth go viral?

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I don't know how to put it. But with the Alienware ads everywhere, the current Skoar looks more like a advertorial supplement than an actual mag.

It would probably be better as a standalone mag as before.

Skoar also had some nice columns like Gangsta granny and Skoar comics.

Top Bottom