Do you believe?...

What about the beliefs

• Yeah! They are really true!

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • Nope, they are fools who believe in beliefs!

Votes: 44 73.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

damnthenet

Journeyman
Hello

There are many beliefs around the world, especially in India. Astrology, numerology, nameology are a few to name... Apart from these, there are also people who believe in predictions made by Nostradamus and other such persons.

Keeping religious beliefs apart, what do you people think?
Are they all true??? or just ways to deceive ignorant people???

mediator

Technomancer
Atleast GITA is true and some predictions of NOSTRADAMUS is true.
GITA says abt the avatars! After that Buddha came true. ANd now it says last avatar will be KALki. The time is near I think.

Nostradamus predicted abt World war 1 and 2 and described HITLER as HISLER. It says abt world war3 will be started by someone called MAHDI or MAHDI army. ANd i continue to read abt MAHDI army in news papers since 2 months.

So i do believe!

tuxfan

Technomancer
I don't believe in it too much. But if you would have kept one more option for the poll "Believe Somewhat", I would have voted :p

I have made a site of a FengShui and Vaastu consultant. :lol: Since it through a friend, I even collected some contents for him :lol:

Last edited:

dix

Broken In
damnthenet said:
Hello

There are many beliefs around the world, especially in India. Astrology, numerology, nameology are a few to name... Apart from these, there are also people who believe in predictions made by Nostradamus and other such persons.

Are they all true??? or just ways to deceive ignorant people???

All those u hav listed were somewhat believed 5-10 yrs ago.

Hey! man where r u living. Wake up *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif
Cool

Official Techie

In the zone
i dont think so now also i have seen people touching doors when leaving homes and swastik made on it beliefs are believed only if u believe in them

anandk

Distinguished Member
buddha never claimed to b Vishnu avatar. v hindus have hijacked Him and labelled him as an avatar.

ven d mind is insecure n unsteady, it seeks such external props to help. and today times are fast, competetive and insecure, so in such insecure times, gemology, numerology, etc have got a philip/lift. if only renaming myself from anand to aaanaaannnd would solve my problems ;-)

since i dont know; i neither believe nor disbelieve in such things.

tuxfan

Technomancer
anandk said:
buddha never claimed to b Vishnu avatar. v hindus have hijacked Him and labelled him as an avatar.
All the avtaars of Vishnu/Krishna are mentioned in the first canto of Srimad Bhagvatam. Buddha is also mentioned there. Have a look :)

anandk

Distinguished Member
tuxfan said:
All the avtaars of Vishnu/Krishna are mentioned in the first canto of Srimad Bhagvatam. Buddha is also mentioned there. Have a look :)

some "say" balrama some say gautam buddha.

in the 18 addhya's (chapters) of shrimad bhagvat gita, nowhere has it been mentioned that gautam buddha (or anyone else) is the 9th avatar. our publishers do publish pictures of the 10 avatars in them, but that is a difrnt story.

gautam buddha himself said, there were 1000's of buddhas b4 me and there will 1000's of buddhas after me to. the word buddha here is refered to as One whose 'bodhi has become jagrut = the enlightened one'.

however i would be happy to learn more/update my knowledge. do post the number of the chapter/verse where such has been mentioned, and which may have been inadvertantly missed by me. :)

PS : the 10 avatars : *www.karma2grace.org/encyclopedia/Ten Avatars.htm

Last edited:

tuxfan

Technomancer
anandk said:
some "say" balrama some say gautam buddha.

in the 18 addhya's (chapters) of shrimad bhagvat gita, nowhere has it been mentioned that gautam buddha (or anyone else) is the 9th avatar. our publishers do publish pictures of the 10 avatars in them, but that is a difrnt story.

gautam buddha himself said, there were 1000's of buddhas b4 me and there will 1000's of buddhas after me to. the word buddha here is refered to as One whose 'bodhi has become jagrut = the enlightened one'.

however i would be happy to learn more/update my knowledge. do post the number of the chapter/verse where such has been mentioned, and which may have been inadvertantly missed by me. :)

PS : the 10 avatars : *www.karma2grace.org/encyclopedia/Ten Avatars.htm

Ahh! I am getting in a religious conversation on a tech forum :(

Anyway, to tell you the truth, Bhagvad Gita is one very important religious treatise because it contains instructions directly from the Krishna. But even it is a part of a larger treatise called Mahabharat and it is, by no means, comprehensive!!

Besides Mahabharat, Srimad Bhagvatam is another very important treatise that one must look into. Bhagvad Gits is not the full and only source of information! Srimad Bhagvatam was recited by Vyasadeva (another incarnation of Krishna) when Maharaj Parik$hit (Abhimanyu's grand-son) was on the verge of dying and had only last 7 days! On his inquiry and inquisitiveness, it was recited by Srila Vyasadeva.

Read 10th Canto and it contains all the information about Krishna's childhood and many other incidences! So all 18 cantos together contain a lot more information. In addition to all Krishna stories, so many stories come from Bhagvatam - Prahalad, Dhruva, Ajamila, etc.

Budhdha said there were 1000s before me. Even Krishna tells Arjun that "You and I have had many incarnations. I remember them all and you don't remember any!". So there is no descrepancy!

As for Budhdha, please read the first canto of Srimad Bhagvatam and you will find a mention :)

Last edited:

mAYHEM

Journeyman
I dont believe in astrology.
And how to keep religious and astrology etc beliefs apart.

Last edited:
OP
damnthenet

damnthenet

Journeyman
mAYHEM said:
And how to keep religious and astrology etc beliefs apart.
I just gave it because it should not disturb religious sentiments. That's why.
There are many beliefs that don't involve religions!!!

mediator

Technomancer
@tuxfan............Completely agree with u!
@anandk..........I think u havent read a complete Bhagvad gita. Take a full fledged bhagvad gita containing all the slokas and all the pictures from ur grandparents or elders. And then u'll find ultimate enlightenment. AND for god sake...dont use words like we "hindus hijacked him". Hinduism is the oldest religion!! The world has accepted this fact...the research proves this. And Gita itself gives the verdict.
I agree since it is the oldest religion .....it has developed various notions and rumours like krishna came before ram and some twists tooo! It is similar to a situation like when u pass a sentence to a friend e.g "There are 63 gurls in my batch of 90 and 10 are OBCs and one is like arjun sungh" (yah obscure example) and then ur friend passes to someone else with figure batch of 70, 15 OBCs ,3 arjun singh and nos keep on twisting whenever there is a pass of this sentence. This is very common.

So generations have passed and there are various twists in the story of hinduism. Thats why I ask u to pick up a good fat old book of bhagvad GITA and read it thoroughly!!

Neways whoever has written this [ *www.karma2grace.org/encyclopedia/Ten Avatars.htm ] is in some sort of dilemma or is himself confused!!
Balrama is not a Vishnu's avatar! But was a an avatar of "Shesh Nag".
U'll always find in popular Vishnu's avatar a person accompanying the avatar himself.
Like Lakshman with Ram, Balram with Krishna etc. Both lakshman and balram were avatars of "Sheshnag" who symbolises Eternity, is the couch of Lord Vishnu.The poplar Ramayan serial that comes today also itself shows this.
So dont read abt Hinduism online. Most of the publishers are confused or are trying to create confusion. Get urself a good old reference!

Last edited:
whats all this...................
ok............i have no time to read all this shi*.........but one thing..........
I believe in gaming

goobimama

 Macboy
I've given up all questioning of God (which in turn makes me lose belief in superstitions.) I don't know if he exists, or if he does't. Just want to live a good life, that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom