Do UFOs/Aliens exist, is Time Travel possible and more...

doomgiver

Warframe
&& figuring out the structure of benzene molecule by August Kekule

I agree with this, the human brain tries to solve "problems" during sleep, or rather, tries to order/reorder your thought process, resulting in "intuitive" leaps. the chemistry textbook, morrisson boyd, has an entire section devoted to this particular one.

i read some of the timetravelling replies in this thread. facepalmed hard.

to all of you, keep a dream diary. write down stuff which happens in your dreams. then ask yourself "have i ever been in such a situation before? did i ever see something liek this in a movie/tv/book?"

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Kindly offtopic-
My office is hardly 20 minutes away I leave from home about 25 minutes before to reach office.
I dreamed one night that, I was going for one of the BE exam and the exam timing was 11AM at Kharghar (1:30 hours away from home). But I left from home at 10:35 with the habit of office distance.
what will you term this :p

That's called "behavioral habit", or something like that.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
to all of you, keep a dream diary. write down stuff which happens in your dreams. then ask yourself "have i ever been in such a situation before? did i ever see something liek this in a movie/tv/book?"

...and sometimes, the answer turns out to be in the affirmative, some other times, in the negative, a few other times, the memory is still fresh and the dream turns out to be a reality, and still at a few other times, the dream is relegated to the 'back bench', and is pulled again to the forefront in a flash when the corresponding scenario materialises. the last one happened to me 2 days back.
and then there are those times, when the mind simply keeps gnawing at possibly what could a very weird/complex/confusing dream just dreamt symbolically imply or indicate towards.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Potential Signs of Ancient Life in Mars Rover Photos - Astrobiology Magazine
someone took a close look at martian photos, and found features that are very similar to features on earth caused by microbes

Ronnie012

Earthling
don't mention! and i agree! plus, personally i have found the daytime/noon naps & their dreams to be far more 'beneficial' and revelatory, whenever they could be afforded, than the night/early morning ones, which many-a-times leave my mind and mood (highly) confused/soured/bitter/sulking! most pre-cognitive dreams i've had, if not all, were late-noon/daytime ones. over the past few years, i've also turned far more active mentally and physically after the sunset than during the day. no explanation. turned night owl gradually! O.O
perhaps what Gita tells --> the life & its values of a seeker turn & churn to/through a total reversal of those of a worldly man; that which is day for the latter is night for the former, and that which is night for the latter is day for the former. :mrgreen:

i suppose i haven't watched 'limitless'. thanks for the mention! will have to watch it now!

Lol :mrgreen: I hardly remember any afternoon dreams(coz i hardly slept during daytime during last few years) :D
Sometimes I've had dreams which were far too realistic such that when I woke up, I coudn't believe I was in the real world.

"Limitless" though isn't about dreams...it's more about the mind.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
yes, that happens.
and now i recall again that i forgot to watch 'limitless', and so now should watch before i forget it again. :)

Ronnie012

Earthling
Not surprised, that's one of the theories on the function of dreams. It's a type of unconscious thinking where we test out various possibilities and find one that works.

Sure time is a 4th dimension, but it is not a spatial dimension, that allows you to travel back and forth at will. It is more of a direction for causality. At least that is what I believe. However, I think that while dreaming, we go from point to point with all the stuff in between rushed, so it does sort of feel like some kind of time dilation, as in Inception, or at the very least you can experience more happening in the same amount of time than you would have in real time.

Another movie that goes deep into the exploration of connections between dreams, consciousness and reality is Waking Life.

Spatial could have different definitions. I might be wrong, but I think we can even consider time as a spatial dimension.

P.s. Though not related to Time Travel, another movie worth watching is - "In Time"

- - - Updated - - -

yes, that happens.
and now i recall again that i forgot to watch 'limitless', and so now should watch before i forget it again. :)

^its a good watch!

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Spatial could have different definitions. I might be wrong, but I think we can even consider time as a spatial dimension.
No, you can't consider time a spatial dimension. You can consider it as the 4th dimension (temporal), but not spatial as we can't move anywhere you want in time.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Sometimes, I have dreams and days, weeks or even months later they come true. I even behave/proceed in the situation similar to what I did in the dream. This deja-vu acts like a spoiler and I am left confused.

There was this dream, where I was watching anime as usual while eating dinner. I knock down the water bottle kept by my side but since it wasn't open, nothing gets spoiled. 2 weeks later, there I was, actually watching the same anime and everything happened just like it happened in the dream. Inception style 'Dream within a Dream' has also happened once to me a lot before I saw Inception.

Do you think its possible that the mind is capable of linking us with our past/future selves and maybe tries to alert us of any dangers?

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
^^ this was what i meant when i wrote earlier that sometimes our memories are still fresh (that is, they are not entirely relegated to the 'back bench' or forgotten) and what we dreamt of comes true, sometimes very soon too.
and yes, what you asked happens a lot, and is far more common than one would think. am personally aware of such incidents. also, there's a small, should i say 'club'/association of people at Pune, i think started by a Parsi gentleman years back, which invites people to share their persistent dreams and try to decipher what they could be hinting at. this gentleman had the idea to start the club after one personal experience, when in a dream, he was told by his recently expired father to immediately get a health check-up done as a dreaded disease was creeping up on him. he did so, and was diagnosed with early stages of i think skin cancer (i don't remember if his father warned him of cancer directly or not, but the impetus was strong and very clear). though such dreams may not be always associated with an impending danger; most of the times, these are just about seemingly ordinary events, and you won't know that they were 'prophetic' until & unless the event happens and you realise the connection in a flash.

Last edited:
I once had inception dream
I woke as usually got out of bed, and started to watch tv in another room.
Then again I woke again releasing it was a dream and fall out of bed.
Then again I woke up releasing It was a dream again. I went to washroom finding Lion there.
Then again I woke at last in reality( I guess :p)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Then again I woke up releasing It was a dream again. I went to washroom finding Lion there.

Do you think you have really awaken? :lol:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

This also means that you watched TV for weeks, took days to fall out of bed and hours to find and face lion.
Wow.

setanjan123

In the zone
Wow

Top Bottom