do u want to learn linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
want to learn linux & learn its basics. .stop right here check this guide out.i myself checked and found it useful.so be a part of worlds fastest growing movement.

*www.linux.org/lessons/beginner/index.html

PrinceHeart

In the zone
gary4gar - I think u have posted the linux.org link in a similar thread somewhere here. But its good I have added the link in my fav already, as im planning on starting on linux soon.Thanks

cheerz

mihirvashist

Journeyman
go_gamez said:
i am reading it..and trying to learn..i am just 16 dont know if will ne able to go with linux..
hey i'm just 15 but never lose my confidence and patience, i don't know a lot of things but still never give up to learn something new no matter how hard
keep going and you'll do it:)

OP
gary4gar

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
sensationalboy said:
thanks gary,was looking out for something like that
mate pls don't mind but pls do not post thanx msg. for giving thanx to anybody use the thanx button in his post

PrinceHeart

In the zone
Yeah ... what happened to the thanks button ?? I don't see it anymore in any forum thread anymore ? Did digitforum removed that feature ?

i think its good that not everyone is moving linux. coz. if 90% of microsoft users comes to linux. then linux might become another microsoft....
but any ways keep it up for linux users and keep using it.....

knight17

In the zone
Thaank you friend for the good links..
But IMO switching to Linux is hard...your softwares dont work you will have to start everything from scratch...
one more thing to fear you are a novice when starting Linux..

PrinceHeart

In the zone
Very well said knight17. trying out the OS is one thing, but trying out all the programs with it in another. Most of us all, including me, are used to windows. Lots of ppl use Linux too, but windows too. So its kinda hard to work from scratch. Cause then you have to give your whole time, learning the new OS and its programs.

peace

mediator

Technomancer
gary4gar said:
the topic has 43 views and only one reply seems nobody is intrested
Look at the +ve side ....atleast 43 saw it!! Slow n steady wins the race. When I first installed and started learning *nix......I inspired ma friends in college. Then the chain spread exponentially. In 2 months 5 of mah friends installed * nix and still have it installed. Then in 4-6 months atleast 15 of mah frnds started using *nix.
With newer distros every 1 month, graphics booming,new apps and hardware support increasing it wont take much time now for ppl to wake up.
I saw in some articel that linux is spreading fast in India,Europe,US etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom