Do I need an Antivirus S/W?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
eddie said:
No it is not better to use Antivirus on Linux rather it is just a stupid and CPU cycle wasting thing to do. Why should any Linux user waste his/her resources for Windows users who need protection? If Windows users are affected then they should be the one running Antivirus...not us.

I just don't understand whatz up with all you guys. These are some stupid statements I have heard from you. Well, if that's your way of looking, I can't help. Bye.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Of course why would one run anti-virus on linux, unless it's a mail server. I would refuse to waste my CPU cycles on this unnecessary activity, too. There's so much more useful things that I can devote my processor cycles too, like distributed computing projects. Why not give more cycles to it?

praka123

left this forum longback
praka123 said:
@aditya.shevade:
I use the basic firewall called "lokkit" u can search yast2 for that.if u want gui,then firestarter is there,for kde,Guarddog is there.
-

OP
aditya.shevade

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
^^ Do I need to disable SuSE's inbuilt firewall if I install any one of the above? I mean, I think that one should not run more than 1 A/V, firewall, anti Spyware software...... Right?

praka123

left this forum longback
Dude!no anti-spyware for Linux!even no anti-virus too.
yes,all linux distros uses iptables as firewall.those lokkit,firestarter,guarddog etc are GUI's and configuration setups.u can post here ur :
Code:
~#iptables  -L
*www.securityfocus.com/foundations/images/lokkit_advanced.gif
^^ Lokkit
so that we can say it is enabled or not.search in yast manager for "lokkit" installed or not?.if installed.open a root terminal and run "lokkit" on it.thats all.if u have torrent clients which needs open port will be left one open.

OP
aditya.shevade

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
^^ I was talking about A/V and anti spy in general, not specifically for linux.

and as far as iptables -L goes, the terminal says (displays), command not found.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom