Do girls play Video Games???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Girls like to play Sims, they like to be in a long term :)lol:) relationship with the Game characters :lol:. Thats true and has been found by research.

Another reason is lack of Competitive nature that boys have. Biggest reason is that Women in Games sport tight clothes or scanty clothes (You get the picture), hence, the Girls try to avoid gaming thinking of them as Men's domain.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yes right, there was a report once from Eidos that they are gonna churn down Lara Croft's err, assets, in order to attract more female gamers. I think that was evident in AOD but I guess she got her, err, stuff back in Legend :D

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
I was about to comment on the sexism in this thread, but I realised Digit itself gets sexist often...In fact, the whole computer universe is. Mankind sucks.

BTW, while reading the preview of the Nintendo WiiMote thing (in TIME or Newsweek), I found that one of the points of focus of the gaming industry was making games that would appeal to women...Then, in the following issue, a girl responded by saying that she was an avid gamer, but was turned off by many games because they were so sexist and objectified women (Lara Croft, anyone?). She wrote that what the gaming world can do to get more women to play is to treat them with respect.

Any thoughts?

Official Techie

In the zone
i think they dont get time coz they are busy in telling us our mistakes (whether commited or not) and showing how sincere and and simple they are :D :D :D :D

rohan

In the zone
Can anyone tell me more about this weird thing => "Girl"...

well.. just joking (and that too lame, srry for that).. truly speaking i haven't seen one female gamer in my entire small life. but i read on a similar forum(*www.wtalk.org/showthread.php?t=67854) with a similar thread.. girls seem to be playing some game known as 'Kingdom hearts' (or something pretty much similar to it)

praka123

left this forum longback
My sis who is 26 an software Engg in Infosys plays Mario,:rolleyes: 4dprince,xonix32,dave and other windows dos games like pinball etc...

cyrux

In the zone
^^ Thats all what girls can play.. even i have seen girls play games like dave, prince, keen4 etc...just simple arcade games

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
I guess it offends them at how us boys look at Lara and pass obscenic comments sometimes. Might be jealousy as you mention but Girls adore models too... so I doubt that too lol. We can never know... *gets back to read PB* :p

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
comeon guys leave teh girls to their hair n makeup. if u drag 'em all into games then they will stop spending time to look more beautiful.

Then who will lose??? US GUYS!!!! ;-)

reddick

Mobile Freak
Guls play video games which came under sober ratings...They hate violence n blood gore games i think ;)

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
try games like manhunt, carmaggadon and other bloody games in front of them and watch then screem and twist their face in disgust,

they will never understand the taste of Virtual Blood!!!

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
gxsaurav said:
yo, learn to respect girls ok, it's their choice weather to play games or not, u can't say they don't have brain just cos they don't play games

PS : We need the girls of this forum to express their views too, better call them here
Completely agree with that! You can't blame the females if they don't like to play video games. I don't think many genres of game appeal to them and are developed keeping them in mind.

paul_007

Padawan
Rollercoaster said:
try games like manhunt, carmaggadon and other bloody games in front of them and watch then screem and twist their face in disgust,

they will never understand the taste of Virtual Blood!!!

LOL :)) , completely agree with u...

SolidSnake

Broken In
Well, girls do like video games but they are very few in numbers. And in India it is even worse bec'se of the social structure we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom