Do Cheap Chargers damage/harm Mobile /Cell phone?

duke123

In the zone
Interesting to see the fights :lol:
@doomgiver: Though someone is a n00b/dumb/whatever (no offense duke123) , it is not a good way to express publicly at one. A person calling a 'n00b' by himself is different that someone commenting as a 'n00b'. Just cool yourself, buddy. If possible, explain. Else, explain & ignore. But, don't comment others in a way that it can evoke -ve thoughts. If you call me myself as an another troll, thats ok. I'm all ears.

@OP: In my college times, i bought a lot of cheap chargers for my Nokia - but all ended up in loose fit to the mobile charging port. I've to twist in a certain way to see the sign "Charging" message appear.

Not to scare you, but i heard a news where a phone blew because of the charging by cheap charger + speaking on the phone while charging - and the outcome is the "Guy lost an ear".

We are buying a mobile with 1000's of money, why not spend some 100's to buy an official (or trustable by some company) charger. Just buy a real one,buddy!

i seemed to be dragged from the topic....duplicate chargers are cheap and i believe it will do the job..but since they are cheap risk factors are high ... using original charger for expensive phones make sense but whats the point in spending 500₹ for charger for mere 3000₹ phone like mine..i prefer duplicate one and it does the job well..but the touch screen malfunction just when using duplicate charger seemed odd to me...

i was just pointing out his arguments making no sense..he was just copy/paste bookish knowledge show off...its not the resistance and diodes that are skipped to save costs they are other costly components..but he has no idea..resistance and diodes even if you use military grade don't cost much and that doesn't bring much difference in costs...you need not be a tech genius to reverse engineer and create a basic charger again he has no idea about it..
he posted some links with components having 20-30₹ but when brought in bulk their cost drops to 5-6₹..he missed it...electronics in phone doesn't work like a pizza,water tap by cycle etc its beyond our reach...current doesn't simply leak from battery to touch screen...this guy has no idea neither do i...

Last edited:

doomgiver

Warframe
@duke<number>

you think that i have nothing better to do than hang around on the net 24/7 waiting for unusupecting people to make mistakes which i then correct with my awesome and amazing "bookish knowledge".

dude, get out of your basement, not everyone is a cave troll like you.

and yeah, the pizza, tap water, etc were just my pathetic attempts to dumb down what i meant for a layman (you). obviously, i failed BIG time.

red dragon

Master troll
I had the first Galaxy Tab and the official charger behaved the same way as op's!
Contacted Samsung,they said it was normal.
Sold it to a TE and as far as I know he is still alive!

doomgiver

Warframe
haha!!! must be Mr Fantastic, or Thor. I suggest you dont piss him off in the future, as you may end up with a hammer in your face or rubberbands all over your body :)

duke123

In the zone
@duke<number>

you think that i have nothing better to do than hang around on the net 24/7 waiting for unusupecting people to make mistakes which i then correct with my awesome and amazing "bookish knowledge".

dude, get out of your basement, not everyone is a cave troll like you.

and yeah, the pizza, tap water, etc were just my pathetic attempts to dumb down what i meant for a layman (you). obviously, i failed BIG time.

:clap2:

jpushkarh

Broken In
have a look [New Idea] Use SMPS to power your devices.. !!

Have u heard AC, DC, RMS Values, Peak Values & Ground words ? I dout ...

AC has Some frequency, and DC is w/o frequency or Zero frequency (Battery).....

But when you convert AC into DC like charger Some frequency remains you wont get Zero frequency, and we assume or works on RMS/DC values These remaining freq may produce peeks some times 2x Power which are harmful to device so rectification is not just tranformer Diode & zener .. It should contain capacitors with perfect rating which helps to reduce peaks It is alway very very tricky to get pure, linear, regulated DC power from AC Source ...

Have a look @ hq rectifier Tangent Regulator, Adjustable, plus Diode bridge
& Its part list Part List contains 15 Diff elements ..!
Yes sure it is adjustable we can remove some some components but see the !dea precision

Guys how about this one?
10 in 1 Usb Mobile Charging Cable For All Mobile Phone Usb Charger | eBay
Is this good?

Nice find This is just cable Use it no harm :) but u should consider a good PSU :) for your System as SAGA or GigaByte or Corsair...

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Found this today form Reddit feed :p

Ken Shirriff's blog: A dozen USB chargers in the lab: Apple is very good, but not quite the best

Top Bottom