DNS Problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Hi All!
I have been facing problems recently ,Most websites do not resolve and i have to refresh 8-9 Times to make it resolve and load. Only the Thinkdigit and Google Apps work fine .
I am using BSNL H750 Plan but I had not faced this issue before.
Please recommend me any good DNS.Also how is OpenDNS?

digitalage

java is fun.
can someone explain me what is this DNS and how conqueror^ changed it.....
....do it works on Mobile(GPRS) networks too.... can i speed up online speed with it...

thanx in advance

OP
The Conqueror

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
It is Recommended to change DNS Only when either you are getting less browsing speed than normal OR the sites are not loading,ie not resolving.
Which OS Do you use ? The steps are different for each OS

Above all, the DNS makes it possible to assign domain names to organizations independent of the physical routing hierarchy represented by the numerical IP address. Because of this, hyperlinks and Internet contact information can remain the same, whatever the current IP routing arrangements may be, and can take a human-readable form (such as "example.com"). These Internet names are easier to remember than the IP address 208.77.188.166. People take advantage of this when they recite meaningful URLs and e-mail addresses without caring how the machine will actually locate them.

The Domain Name System distributes the responsibility for assigning domain names and mapping them to IP networks by allowing an authoritative name server for each domain to keep track of its own changes, avoiding the need for a central register to be continually consulted and updated.

Last edited:
OP
The Conqueror

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
To Change your DNS :
Open Network Connections by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet, clicking Network and Sharing Center, and then clicking Manage network connections.
2. Right-click the connection that you want to change, and then click Properties. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
3.Click the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
4.Now,To specify DNS server address settings, do one of the following:

•To specify a DNS server address, click Use the following DNS server addresses, and then, in the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server boxes, type the addresses of the primary and secondary DNS servers.
*img129.imageshack.us/img129/4417/34575028fo4.jpg
Click OK then Click Close

digitalage

java is fun.
thanx bro....
-not changed the speed a lot though.
-but happy to have this information.... thanks again.tc

OP
The Conqueror

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
thanx bro....
-not changed the speed a lot though.
-but happy to have this information.... thanks again.tc
Welcome :p
As I said Earlier, Changing the DNS is only required if you are experiencing that the sites do not Open or you are getting slow speeds than usual.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Welcome :p
As I said Earlier, Changing the DNS is only required if you are experiencing that the sites do not Open or you are getting slow speeds than usual.
And switching to a more secure nameserver if your current one isn't. See *www.doxpara.com/ for one.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
OpenDNS is secure from this vulnerability. I prefer to use my own local DNS server for many reasons thus am unaware of other options around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom