divx pc playback not supported

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
Hi, I have a cd a friend got with his dvd player. It says pc playback of movies not supported and has the files with .divx extension. I am able to copy all of them to hdd. But vlc or wmp are not able to play those. The divx player from the official site asked me to create an account and fails on playback rights verification. When I play in vlc, the lower section is not clear at all. Wmp simply crashes and same happens with media player classic.
Is there a way to recode or something?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
VCL should be able to play... anyway try the DivX player (free software) *www.divx.com/divx/windows/

and yes with codecs windows media player 11 / 10 / 9 can also play divx files :) try with k-lite codec pack *www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

OP
ilugd

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
i think most probably the file is corrupted or some sort of encryption is used. mplayer says to use divx recovery tools to correct error in stream and crashes, zoom player crashes, wmp crashes, media player crashes, only vlc continues to play but very bad quality, like a vcd is scratched or something. But the funny things is that those files copied to the hdd without a prob.

vakakush

Right off the assembly line
hi ilugd,
i have similar dvd provided with lg dvd player. dvd have six movies in .divx format, on the disc it is clearly written that pc playback is not supported, same as as you said. i can copy this dvd to my pc harddisk and can play it using any player but can't see anything, everything is distorted i think the movie is protected by a system called DRM or something else if anyone is aware about it pls share..........

Last edited:

mittyr

silentFOX
Guys, U can try "SlySoft AnyDVD" get rid off "any" kind of protection. I use it to back-up DVD's i bought ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom