Divx Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

karthik_rcs

Broken In
Hello Friends,
I recently downloaded a movie file. The file was ripped from dvd to divx.
Can anyone tellme what is the difference between divx and svcd.
how to create a divx cd and play it in dvd player and What are the steps and tools to be used.

i have only cd writer. Can anyone tell me whether is it possible to create divx cd?

ishaan

Padawan
divx and svcd are 2 different things.

DivX - *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DivX

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SVCD

to convert a video file to divx, u need to get a converter...just search on the digit forums and on google u will find plenty

to play them on ur dvd player u just burn it like any normal file...data disc

but u have to make sure ur dvd player supports it so look for a lil DIVX logo on ur player

some DVD players dont display the logo but u can just burn one and see

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28263&highlight=kvcd
First check that thread out.

SVCD
SVCD is an mpeg2 based (same as DVD) which allows variable bit-rates of up to 2500kbits at a resolution of 480x480 (NTSC) which is then decompressed into a 4:3 aspect ratio when played back. Due to the variable bit-rate, the length you can fit on a single CDR is not fixed, but generally between 35-60 Mins are the most common. To get a better SVCD encode using variable bit-rates, it is important to use multiple "passes". this takes a lot longer, but the results are far clearer.

DivX / XviD
DivX is a format designed for multimedia platforms. It uses two codecs, one low motion, one high motion. most older films were encoded in low motion only, and they have problems with high motion too. A method known as SBC (Smart Bit-rate Control) was developed which switches codecs at the encoding stage, making a much better print. The format is Ana orphic and the bit-rate/resolution are interchangeable. Due to the higher processing power required, and the different codecs for playback, its unlikely we'll see a DVD player capable of play DivX for quite a while, if at all. There have been players in development which are supposedly capable, but nothing has ever arisen. The majority of PROPER DivX rips (not Re-Encs) are taken from DVDs, and generally up to 2hours in good quality is possible per disc. Various codecs exist, most popular being the original Divx3.11a and the new XviD codecs.

karthik_rcs said:
how to create a divx cd and play it in dvd player and What are the steps and tools to be used.

i have only cd writer. Can anyone tell me whether is it possible to create divx cd?
Hmm, your DVD player will play only if has .avi/.mov/divx playback options.

If can create a Divx cd, by just burning as a Data CD. You can play that in your PC. DVD player has to support Divx formats.
Or conver the the divx movies to VCD formats so that your DVD plays them.

OP
K

karthik_rcs

Broken In
Thanks

THanks friends, for replying.
I have one file 714MB of xvid video file. Since we have 700MB cd ,i think we cant accomodate.
Is there any divx cutter to split the video

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
No, no need for another CD.

Just burn in the same CD itself, there wont be any issues..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom