DiskMax 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
WOW man what a program.It deleted and freed almost 3Gb worth of space on my harddrive.
I dont have words to thank for showing such a wonderful software.
:)

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Man your softie didn't work, there comes an error line and that's it, the software terminates!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dr_jimit

Journeyman
Oh man....
Please make a version 3.3 for win XP sp3 that has option to deselect Temp Internet Files.....

Please.......

D

Deleted member 26636

is there no way to make diskmax 4 work in xp?:oops:

OP
koshyjohn

koshyjohn

Developer
Oh man....
Please make a version 3.3 for win XP sp3 that has option to deselect Temp Internet Files.....
Please.......
I will make a version 3.3 back porting portions of code from version 4. Actually version 4 was supposed to run on XP too but I got a few complaints about it flickering on XP and crashing (some in this thread). I haven't got a system with XP on it to test anymore (virtual machine is not good enough.. blech).

I am working on version 4 to completion now (documentation in progress). I will then update version 3 or maybe fix version 4 to work with XP.

sekhar_xxx; said:
is there no way to make diskmax 4 work in xp?
There might be.. I'm currently just going to improve version 3 to include some features from 4. My list of priorities go like this: finish 4, improve 3, update my website, complete some other in-the-works applications (mem cleaner, etc), and then try to fix 4 to work with 3.

I might be able to fix the error that occurs when version 4 is run on XP but it will be hard to modify the GUI to draw well on XP - because unlike Vista, XP does not have GPU accelerated graphics - XP is just starting to look so so old.

Count Dracula; said:
Man cool you wrote it on your own.Tremendously cool.Will definately try when I have spare time,I'm loaded with work right now.
Thank you! Just for the record, I did a clean install of Vista Ultimate, installed SP1, downloaded all updates and installed all my regular software, and, then ran DiskMax. I was expecting something along the lines of 1GB but it removed an immense 4.5GB. Thankfully, I have other members at this forum with similar claims (read above) so you don't have to take my word for it! :)

OP
koshyjohn

koshyjohn

Developer
Will it work in windows 7?
Absolutely. It has been tested on Windows 7 beta. DiskMax will identify Windows 7 as Windows Vista because Win7 will start identifying itself as Win7 only when it hits RTM.

You will need to start DiskMax with administrative privileges if you need to perform all activities like clearing event logs, scanning other user accounts, defragmentation, etc.

I am not keen to make DiskMax refuse to run without administrative privileges so the duty of elevating it is left to the user. (Right-click and select 'Run as administrator' for those who don't know - all this will be in the documentation I am compiling)

Indyan

Here Since 2003
Installed it and gave it a whirl.
Here are a couple of screenshots :

# Detects Win7 as Win Vista.
*img11.imageshack.us/img11/8493/diskm2rw6.jpg
# Recovered about 15gb.
*img24.imageshack.us/img24/1391/diskm4.png

Suggetion : #Add support for other popular browsers like Opera, Safari and Chrome.

# I would have the minimize and quit buttons at top right, in order to be consistent with windows ui.

OP
koshyjohn

koshyjohn

Developer
@Indyan
15GB? That's amazing. Your Windows installation must be pretty old to have accumulated that much junk... Or you are just a really heavy user..

I agree with your comments regarding the minimize and quit buttons but there is a programmatic reason why it had to be done this way... I intend to try to return to the Windows ui norm but I am pushing that to a release further down the line...

Thanks for your comments and screenshots!

Indyan

Here Since 2003
I installed the beta build in 2nd or 3rd week of Januaury. And I had used Tuneup Disk Cleaner a couple of weeks back. So it's certainly impressive.

Indyan

Here Since 2003
I already started the install date.^
Anyway, its so huge because of the large number of softwares I have installed.

D

Deleted member 26636

is there no way to use this software without registering over the internet?i have a few friends who wanted to use it but they do not have an internet connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom