Disk Partition in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
Hi to all,

Can any one tell me whether I can make the partition to my Hard disk, which is using Vista Ultimate? I mean, like, right now I have only one hard disk of 250GB, that is C, but now I want to partition is without having to format it or without having to reinstall the OS, so can any one let me know how we can do it.

If possible please let me know the easiest and fastest, if not at least easiest one, I am not really a Computer Geek.

This is my PC Detail:

Win Vista Ultimate
3 GB RAM
Intel Core 2 Due CPU
221 GB (As shown in MY COMPUTER)

Thanks a lot.

Dark Core

Freak Beta 1
This can be done within Microsoft Disk Managment tool.
1. Right Click on Compter | Manage | Disk Managment
2. Right Click on the C Partition (Drive) and Select Shrink Volume and enter the amount of space to be shrunk
3. The Space you had shrunk will be available as Free Space
4. No Right Click on the Free Space and Create a new simple volume, follow the steps to create a new partition.

There are other tools to do this too gparted, Partition Magic..
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
This can be done within Microsoft Disk Managment tool.
1. Right Click on Compter | Manage | Disk Managment
2. Right Click on the C Partition (Drive) and Select Shrink Volume and enter the amount of space to be shrunk
3. The Space you had shrunk will be available as Free Space
4. No Right Click on the Free Space and Create a new simple volume, follow the steps to create a new partition.

There are other tools to do this too gparted, Partition Magic..

Last edited:
OP
bhutanesedude

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
I tried this but I am not able to shrink only. The attachment i have here with is the image of detail that is shown when I want to shrink it. Well, just let me know how can I over come it.

Thanks a lot.

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
I think the method suggested by Black Core should work, please post the attachment somewhere else like imageshack.us, coz attachment don't work in here...

OP
bhutanesedude

bhutanesedude

The Thunderer
Hello out there,

While trying to shrink, the 'The size of avaiblable shrink space in MB" = 0,

and at last it says, "Size of available shrink space can be restricted if snapshots or pagefiles are enabled on the volumn".

So how am I suppose to get rid of this error...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom