Dishonored Discussion Thread

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Guess you went on a murderous rampage before becoming a saint....btw, I got the medium chaos ending- the bad one..but I'm not interested in playing the game again for the low chaos good ending...even though the game was quite good, I did not find anything special in it to play it a second time...Dishonored is no Assassin's Creed.

blink is way too overpowered. In high chaos, enemies were respawning after putting them to sleep like serious sam infinite waves.

Piyush

Lanaya
completed 2 missions today

Managed to achieve both the achievements (Ghost & Didn't kill anyone) but missed some stuff on the way

*i.imgur.com/aAoz4.jpg

Achieved and found everything except "Didn't kill anyone" because of the story requirements

*i.imgur.com/0ABUp.jpg

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ No that counts as a kill. :\
I did that and killed noone else in a mission and I didn't get the "don't kill anyone" achievement :\

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^ok. Same thing with tampering the static gates ? Like if I rewire it to attack only enemies.

Already uninstalled game. Not much keen to restart on low chaos pathway. Corvo without any voice seemed 2 dimensional.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^you didn't notice during all those cutscenes ? Sounds credible.

Voice of Artyom made Metro 2033 much better. The hint of gloom, despair and hope in his voice was much more engaging.

With Corvo, it seemed like I was playing with mute switch pressed. There is no personality attached to him apart from someone following simple directions.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Common. There are loads of awesome games where the protagonist doesn't speak. BioShock for instance.

Bioshock has other magnetic personalities whom you remember even after playing the games. Would you kindly ?

Dishonored has little to no character development. I didn't care whatever happened at the loyalist camp. Callista, martin, Vera, Daud, slackjaw, havelock, esma boyle, sokolov, lady emily...I simply didn't care whatever happened to them, except Cecilia (they left her fate unknown) and to some extent Samuel. I spared lives only because I was seeking low chaos ending.

Piyush

Lanaya
The game excels at engaging storyline, good stealth mechanics and to some extent, powers.

The game lacks in character customization, interaction between various characters and randomness in gameplay

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
The game excels at engaging storyline, good stealth mechanics and to some extent, powers.

The game lacks in character customization, interaction between various characters and randomness in gameplay

randomness in the zone.

Btw stealth mechanics is funny at times. I'll post a video soon.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
Can anyone tell me why do i hate stealth games ? Because of my hate i have not started to play this game . please someone change my mind :D

Piyush

Lanaya
randomness in the zone.
S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2.0 is coming soon :D
(the one known as Stalkersoup I mean :p )

Can anyone tell me why do i hate stealth games ? Because of my hate i have not started to play this game . please someone change my mind :D

play games like Deus Ex / Dishonored in which stealth moves arent necessary
may be then you'll know

*i.imgur.com/PCLse.jpg

onto the final chapter now
Now I dont care sneaking around any more
I'll let them all know the wrath of lvl 2 windblast

Piyush

Lanaya
*i.imgur.com/Aeqoh.jpg

*i.imgur.com/yyhE0.jpg

and finally completed the game with low chaos ending

*i.imgur.com/lg8Iz.jpg

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm facing a bug like Audio/Grpahics settings are not saving once I quit the game .. the are reverting back to the default values.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
on my playthrough The Lady was in white Dress and I Kinda liked that ;-) anyway, now on the last mission but got high Chaos rating on the previous mission - I was so much pissed on the guards and all and just wanted to throw out every hostile forces out of Hunters Pub ....

ratzee199

Journeyman
This is how you can get LOW CHAOS/GHOST/NO KILLS (taken from PC Game Reviews, News & Features | PC Gamer)

Low Chaos
What caught me out with Chaos was the fact that the end of mission screen calls it “Chaos (current total)”. I got ‘High’ after my first mission, and since it’s a total, I thought it was already too late to ever get ‘Low’, so I didn’t try to avoid killing after that.

It’s not. If you get High Chaos on the first mission but then don’t kill many people on the next few, it’ll go back to Low. In other words, redemption is possible.

But it’s still not that easy to get Low Chaos. Here’s what Bethesda say about how it’s calculated and what it means:

Chaos is a value that is adjusted according to the actions of your character during gameplay. This system is a hidden mechanic and you will only see the Chaos rating displayed during the ‘end mission’ Stats screen.

The basic rule is killing less than 20% of the characters in a Mission should allow the Low Chaos rating to be sustained.

Your character’s Chaos level will change the story outcome and lead to other various differences throughout gameplay, such as more enemy characters, more rats, or different scenes/environment items and conversations.

Kills by Rewired traps will contribute to player kill amounts and Chaos; that’s Watchtowers, Arc Pylons, and Wall of Lights.

Rats, Hagfish and River Krust do not raise Chaos if killed. They also do not count towards detection of your character.

Wolfhound kills do not count towards Chaos, but they can detect your character. Wolfhounds can discover bodies, and their corpses will count towards “bodies found”.

Weepers do count for detection. They do raise the Chaos level if they are killed.

The best method for regaining a Low Chaos rating is to not kill enemy characters and take stealth routes to avoid combat when playing through a mission.

There are scenarios where performing a good deed will drop the Chaos rating by a small amount (Example: saving a character that is in distress).

Following “Non-lethal” objectives will decrease chaos by a significant amount when the mission is completed.

No kills
Not hiding bodies well enough after choking them out or sleep darting them can sometimes lead to other characters finding them or may lead to nearby rats cleaning them up, counting as a kill towards your character’s stats.

Unconscious characters won’t survive a fall from a great height, or a slip into the water which will also result in a kill towards your character stats.

Ghost
All characters and creatures count as detecting the player character, with the exception of friendly characters, Rats, River Krust, Hagfish and Watchtowers. This is evidenced by the red bolt icons upon detection.

Friendly characters will turn into a detection if they see your character do anything aggressive/hostile (kill someone, be hostile towards the NPC, carry a dead/subdued body, etc.). They will gain the red bolts when this happens.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I killed more than 65 people in first three round. It was too late to redeem. Though I played the later levels without any kills.

Top Bottom