kumarn_2004

In the zone
Hi Guys,

There are two features in Microsoft office professional 2003. One is we can do anything with internet connection in Microsoft word and the other is automatic updating. I want the two features disabled. How to do that. Can I disable Microsoft office professional 2003 from working Internet,I mean, manually or automatically altogether?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am not sure, about the first "feature", aka, "we can do anything with internet connection in Microsoft word" (!!??! o_O)

But, I am pretty sure, you can disable automatic downloading of updates. It should be somewhere, in Control Panel -> Security Center -> Automatic Updates.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
But, I am pretty sure, you can disable automatic downloading of updates. It should be somewhere, in Control Panel -> Security Center -> Automatic Updates.
he is asking about Microsoft Office updates & not Microsoft OS update...

Hi Guys,

There are two features in Microsoft office professional 2003. One is we can do anything with internet connection in Microsoft word and the other is automatic updating. I want the two features disabled. How to do that. Can I disable Microsoft office professional 2003 from working Internet,I mean, manually or automatically altogether?

the bold sentence is confusing

OP
K

kumarn_2004

In the zone
the bold sentence is confusing[/QUOTE]

Hi Guys,

The bold sentence means that we can do what we need through internet connection directly through Microsoft word itself,for example, if there is a website address on the Microsoft word, we can visit the website with internet connection through word directly-I want to disable the feature. Secondly,every software has its feature for automatic updating-I want to disable the feature. That's all.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
for example, if there is a website address on the Microsoft word, we can visit the website with internet connection through word directly-I want to disable the feature.

just right click on that address & select remove hyperlink.

Secondly,every software has its feature for automatic updating-I want to disable the feature. That's all.
I dont know the exact location of the autoupdate feature but I think its in options page.:grin:

Technopond

Right off the assembly line
the bold sentence is confusing

Hi Guys,

The bold sentence means that we can do what we need through internet connection directly through Microsoft word itself,for example, if there is a website address on the Microsoft word, we can visit the website with internet connection through word directly-I want to disable the feature. Secondly,every software has its feature for automatic updating-I want to disable the feature. That's all.[/QUOTE]

If you have a firewall, you can block it right there. For example, I have Avast! Firewall, I can simply create blocking rules there so that the app is not able to access internet.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Secondly,every software has its feature for automatic updating-I want to disable the feature. That's all.

simply set the setting to "check for updates but let me select whether to download and install them" from setting in Windows Update (if you are using Win7). that way you select the MS updates for everything except MS office.

or unselect "give me updates for microsoft product". but both these are avl only for Win7. don't know about XP or Vista.

gameranand

Living to Play
You can disable Automatic updating from settings and remove hyperlink and the link won't work or even better use Firewall and block MS Word from settings of Firewall. :)

Top Bottom