Disabled Girl fined for $8000 for D/L ten Music tunes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaithy

In the zone
The Media copyrights Trolls in the USA does it again....

THE GREEDO LAWYERS for the Big Music MAFIAA have outdone themselves, falling to depths that even their harshest critics could scarcely have imagined.

They've won a default judgment for alleged copyright infringement against Ciara Sauro, 19, who is disabled with pancreatitis, beset by crushing medical debts and severely depressed.

Sauro lives in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania with her mother, who makes $8.25 per hour. The girl requires weekly hospital treatment for her medical condition and needs an islet cell transplant. She denies the illegal file-sharing allegations but didn't defend herself in court.

"Look and see where [the downloads] came from, and look and see that it's not me. It's not fair to do to me," she said.

Because she didn't appear in federal court, a judge entered a default judgment against her for nearly $8,000, for allegedly having shared just 10 tunes with others over the Internet.

"I already have severe depression. I mean, it's so hard to sit there and think that I have to get in trouble for something that I didn't do. It's not fair," said Sauro.

The mother and daughter say that Ciara's father opened the Internet account cited in the lawsuit after he moved out.

"I just want them to know that I have to go through enough stress in my life with my sickness and my family, and I don't think that they should go after people just because they want money for something that's not even fair to us."

Media watchers pointed out that the tactics of the Media Mafioso including targetting School girls who are under 13 year, mostly parents living apart,and unable to defend themselves in the Court of law. Many parents of the girls are mainly living under the subsidies provided by the Government. The Mafioso know they couldnot collect the judgement money but they can atleast instill terror in the hearts of Victims..
Source:*www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/12/04/riaa-wins-default-judgment

nix

well i do condemn their legal guys for for a heavy fine. esp if the victim doesnt have the funds. but i think she would be better off if she listened to free online radio.

OP
V

vaithy

In the zone
Being disabled is no excuse for stealing, if guilty.

Pl. read the post carefully..read the full article under the link given.. it is clearly said the account in her name was opened by his DAD who has left his family..The girl deny that she download the tunes..
She was not given fair trial, she could not able to attend court.. this is a default judgement (ex-party decision) In USA it is not the Judge who order her guilty.. Jury panel picked from the public will decide this.. when the panel is picked from the mote growd the dependent has the right to question the panel members... So it is very easy that RIAA has stuffed thier henchmen in the panel, as the dependent is not attended the court to examine the panel, they passed the kangaroo judgment..

vaithy

Last edited:

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Actually the article is not very clear.

They are accusing her of file sharing. Is it by IP/timelease, or do they have physical evidence?

It also says,"The mother and daughter say that Ciara's father opened the Internet account cited in the lawsuit after he moved out."
"After", so again, if it's physical evidence it should be on HIS PC, not hers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom