Digital camera quick reference buying guide

ITTechPerson

Search for Adventure
Hi Guys,
I am looking for a low budget Bridge camera... could you please suggest a model ?
I find Canon SX400 & Nikon L330 (both are lack of view point) suitable to budget (10-12k)
Is there any other option available in this price range which would be better to comprising those 2 or may be a view pointer with.

My observation:
Nikon L330: I found 1 lack - as it runs on 4 Alkaline, it would take time between 2 shots.
Canon SX400: Run on Lithium Ion - which may give better performance

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
SX400 in market? That's news to me...
I am not a fan of entry level bridge. If you really want bridge, you check out SX510 (though Canon categorize it as "Compact"). If you think you can wait, there will some good offers around Navratiri and before Diwali...

ITTechPerson

Search for Adventure
SX400 in market? That's news to me...
I am not a fan of entry level bridge. If you really want bridge, you check out SX510 (though Canon categorize it as "Compact"). If you think you can wait, there will some good offers around Navratiri and before Diwali...

Yup SX 400 is selling like hot cake ...
I know about SX 510 ... that's a cool model

I am not in a hurry ... will wait .... thanks for the info

I am looking for a bulky looks ... tht's why I chose Nikon L330/380 & fuji S6800... any suggestion on that ??

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I don't know buddy. No reviews of SX400 till date. It seems like a successor of SX170. Most likely it will be painfully slow, low battery life (if it was AA battery, fine. You can buy spare for not a lot of money). If you think you can live with that, go ahead.
Those Nikon bridge don't have exposure controls. And Fuji's video is not good.

jaimin100

Journeyman
right now 4500/- discount going on snapdeal while purchasing lens above 45k, thats great discount who want to save some bucks on big lens

gautamkumar16185

New to this forum
Hi Friends

Have shortlisted two cameras.

1. Canon ixus 155

2. Sony cybershot W830

Which of the two will be a beter purchase? Please suggest any other god buy in this price range...

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Buy the one you like... Pretty much all the cameras in this range are same. Just have to make sure the camera does have OIS or at least sensor based stabilization.

ITTechPerson

Search for Adventure
Hi Guys,
I am looking for a low budget Bridge camera... could you please suggest a model ?
I find Canon SX400 & Nikon L330 (both are lack of view point) suitable to budget (10-12k)
Is there any other option available in this price range which would be better to comprising those 2 or may be a view pointer with.

Hello Friends,
I have modified my choice & budget on a bridge cam: I am looking for Big zoom with view finder (must). budget is under 20k.
Example: Fuji Finepix SL1000
Please suggest...

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ Nikon P series bridge, Panasonic FZ series and see if you can find SX50 in your budget. If you're interested in Fuji, see if HS50EXR is in your budget.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Guys if I plan to buy a 10k P&S for my dad , which one should I prefer ...he dont want any manual settings but more screen modes will be better. and nice pic quality will be nice. How is canon sx600hs

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Guys if I plan to buy a 10k P&S for my dad , which one should I prefer ...he dont want any manual settings but more screen modes will be better. and nice pic quality will be nice. How is canon sx600hs
Sony WX series cameras would fit perfectly.
Review suggests SX600's IQ is good. But really don't want to suggest this camera soley because of the very small aperture. Probably smallest for a non-rugged camera.:yuck:

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
People, with the black Friday deals coming up a lot of people have been askimg me for DSLR cams in the 36k range. Please suggest a few.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
People, with the black Friday deals coming up a lot of people have been asking for cams in the 36k range.

Please suggest a few DSLR cams.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
cams in the 36k range.
Please suggest a few DSLR cams.
In fact, only about a handful cameras are available in this price range.
Canon 1xxxD/600D
Nikon D3xxx/D5xxx (except D5300)

I am sure you know good enough what to suggest them :)

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Nope, i seem to only know the mirrorless ones. A little rusty on the actual DSLRs... Need expert help
I don't see a point in buying 1100D as there is no huge price advantage over 1200D. So I would stick with 1200D if I want a cheapest DSLR from Canon.
D3100, if I want cheapest DSLR from Nikon.
D5100, if I want a cheapest DSLR with articulated screen.
D3200, if I want cheapest DSLR with more megapixel at my disposal.
600D, I would go for this one only if the price is around ~26k. It's too old, still demanding a lot of money from us, in fact more than last year :D
D5200, if I want cheapest DSLR with articulated screen and more megapixel (or if I want to hit the roof of my budget ;) )

Top Bottom