Digit TV: Feedback and Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
I just wanted to make sure that you had a dedicated place to give us feedback for our latest Digit TV initiative.

First up, let me tell you how it works:

Every month we'll release at least one episode of Digit TV. The episodes will not be exclusive to the Digit DVD, however, to ensure that readers of Digit always see it first, there will be a delay in releasing the episodes online at thinkdigit.com, as well as other online sources.

(This thread will be updated regularly, if you have general feedback, just go ahead and post, if it's feedback on a particular episode, please use a code such as "S01E01" to identify which episode you're giving feedback about)*

Below you will find a jist of the episodes in reverse chronological order:

Season 1, Episode 1 (November 2009)

• NVIDIA 3D Vision: A cool new way to play games in 3D
  • How to take Stereoscopic Photos
  • How Stuff Works: Touchscreens
  • Groove Shark: An online service music lovers cannot ignore
  • How phishing works - and how not to get phished

Devrath_ND

Obsessed with Technology
In general the presentation was that like of Doordarshan. Being a tech video make it more computeristic and modern and make clear demarcation of segments in video like news, product review, unbloxing, tutorials, etc. And let the presentators be more free and humorous.

rohanmathew

Reader of Trust 2009
I agree with devrath_ND.It should follow some thing like GADGET GURU of NDTV.The audio and video should improve.The presentators could be more stylish and geeky.Any way its a first time approach.So time is required.I believe Digit TV will rock.

toofan

Technomancer
Feedback about episode 2.

Episode 2.

This time the camera work is way better then 1st episode. I hope It will keep improving in coming episodes.

The starting gag was excellent one. At first I thought they are serious. Then after recognizing the product it was a blast of laughs. Keep the gags comming.

Text were clear and crisp. great improvement.

This time that fat man I forget the name who is having mobile in his hand is looking a bit nervous but last month he did a excellent job. if he is reading this then for you:

This month you were continuously looking at the camera, while talking about the mobile. You can give some causal looks to the mobile/object you reviewing. Use ur hands more to come out of the nervousness created by facing the camera for long time. Or you can shift the camera on some graphics time to time to get relaxed.
But still you were better then others.

Your last event was too long.

Sound quality was not good. Lower the volume of background music.
you can start using microphones in your Shirt buttons for crisp and clear sound.

Include more "How to Do" events in Digit TV.

Digit TV rocks. And I am having a feeling that If Digit TV is taken much seriously, sincerely and advertised as a main feature of Digit. It can generate a good amount of readers and money also.

Krow

Crowman
^Lol @ man with mobile reference. He is Michael. Very very knowledgeable and also gave us a great lecture during the build your own pc workshop. Yup, he was a bit nervous/serious during the episode, but we all are some time or the other. Next time, he'll be better hopefully. :D

pritish_kul2

★★★★★★★★★
i jsut watched the digit tv2....in the beginning thrs a device- breaking wind GH-5000 x-treme edition.....jst wanted to knw whr can i buy this and at how much price..??

Kale

Right off the assembly line
I just wanted to make sure that you had a dedicated place to give us feedback for our latest Digit TV initiative.

First up, let me tell you how it works:

Every month we'll release at least one episode of Digit TV. The episodes will not be exclusive to the Digit DVD, however, to ensure that readers of Digit always see it first, there will be a delay in releasing the episodes online at thinkdigit.com, as well as other online sources.

(This thread will be updated regularly, if you have general feedback, just go ahead and post, if it's feedback on a particular episode, please use a code such as "S01E01" to identify which episode you're giving feedback about)*

Below you will find a jist of the episodes in reverse chronological order:

Season 1, Episode 1 (November 2009)

• NVIDIA 3D Vision: A cool new way to play games in 3D
  • How to take Stereoscopic Photos
  • How Stuff Works: Touchscreens
  • Groove Shark: An online service music lovers cannot ignore
  • How phishing works - and how not to get phished
The sound was not good, i was not able to understand what was being said.
Please improve the sound quality.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Watched November and December episode back to back. This is my feedback,

1> Introductory background music for November was so loud, it was very hard to listen to main topic. This has been rectified in December issue but still main topic was not properly audible. What equipment do u use to get sound? Boom mike? why not some pin-strap mic as shown in TV?

2>Ya, at last u guys started showing d names of the reviewers. :goodjob:

One and only complain, work on audio.

(yet to watch Jan :) )

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I guess u accept one month late reviews for ur episodes :-D

Watched episode3 yesterday,
> Ask Siddharth to be louder. He talks very politely and smoothly but ask him to be a bit loud.

> Background music. What if there is no background music? Make two version of a video of at least duration of 8-10 minutes. Make diff. people for ur office to see and provide opinion.

> Aditya, very good job in editing.

>Browne sir, hats off...

And seriously, may be DigitTV is the next big thing from Digit, I like it very much.

(May be I'm not the right person to say, but a few people just try be perfect and professional. Please don't try to be what u r not. Look art MTV vjs, they are cool because they do whatever they want in a show, they just goof-off. U don't need to goof-off, u guys know and understand what u r going to say; so, why such stiffness?
Try to imagine u r describing these to ur friends, we will welcome u like that very much.
Best of luck and wish u grow bigger in every issue)

krnm516

What would be Good?
yeah the episode 4 is the overall the best, but, keep improving it. Great Innovative Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom