[DIGIT TEST CENTRE] Sneak Peek - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 & 470

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucifer

Reviewerus Prolificus
In keeping with our reputation for acquiring cutting edge stuff, we present our latest bundle of joy from the fellows in green...

The GTX 480 is built around a 40nm process, features 480 SPs and has a whopping 384-bit wide memory bus that supplies the bandwidth required to 1.5 GB of GDDR5 memory.
The GTX 470 is slightly slower with 448 SPs, and a 320-bit wide memory bus. It has 1.2 GB of GDDR5 memory.
These are the first DX11 cards from NVIDIA and they've created quite a stir worldwide (although for mixed reasons :p)

Watch out for a detailed review in our upcoming May issue of your favourite magazine. These are being benchmarked even as we speak...

For now here are some pics:

*img691.imageshack.us/img691/5007/gtx480s470pose.th.jpg

There are 3 x GTX 480s and 1 x GTX 470 in this pic. Don't ask why we got three GTX 480s. Tri-SLI anyone?

*img188.imageshack.us/img188/9015/gtx480.th.jpg

That's the 480, it's a longer card than the GTX 470, also notice the exposed heatpipes - these get pretty warm. The top of the shroud that looks shiny is actually metal, and works like a heatsink - it's needed for cooling this hulk of a GPU.

*img30.imageshack.us/img30/9294/shinyr.th.jpg

The smaller, and cheaper GTX 470. Notice the uber shiny heatsink shroud - you can actually see my fingers and the camera ;-)

Last edited:
OP
L

Lucifer

Reviewerus Prolificus
meh!! Just trash 'em :p

Well, I ain't one of those guys who keep on spending and upgrading. If it does the job for me, it will suffice. At the end of the day, a pc is just a tool, nothing more.

You think I spend all my cash on comps?? Tip of the iceberg, my good man ;-)

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Finally done testing. She's a scorcher in more ways than one...Will update with a couple of screenshots tomorrow.

OP
L

Lucifer

Reviewerus Prolificus
That's a neat looking chassis. Although the inside looks a bit cramped from this side.

Where'd you get the pic from BTW?

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
thats 3 X 480 in SLI. and its for retail, not experimental pcu.
Seeing the logo on the front, I know its a retail. I seriously doubt a company who are into building custom pc will get engineering samples- maybe if they want to review it themselves. I seriously don't like those silverstone raven type cases and the corsair H50.

OP
L

Lucifer

Reviewerus Prolificus
Here's a look at the rig.

*img243.imageshack.us/img243/9196/gtx480sli2.th.jpg

We tested it our i7 965 Extreme (we blew the 975 Extreme with some overclocking so that was out), 6 GB of Kingston DDR3 (2000 MHz @ 8-8-8-24), Western Digital Velociraptor HDD. The board was our Intel DX50SO. The PSU is a CoolerMaster UCP 1100W.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom