Digit PC Game Suggestion Thread v2.0

Soumik

Padawan
Hmm small suggestion.. If it makes sense to you guys. You should have a list of Best Free to Play games. :)
There are tons of games out there which are free to play and people can spend hours and hours in it without feeling anything less than a AAA time feel.

Eg: RPGs like Path of Exile, Neverwinter... jRPGs like Vindictus.. or the upcoming Black Desert... Shooters like Warframe, Planetside 2..
Etc etc. :)

gameranand

Living to Play
Hmm small suggestion.. If it makes sense to you guys. You should have a list of Best Free to Play games. :)
There are tons of games out there which are free to play and people can spend hours and hours in it without feeling anything less than a AAA time feel.

Eg: RPGs like Path of Exile, Neverwinter... jRPGs like Vindictus.. or the upcoming Black Desert... Shooters like Warframe, Planetside 2..

Will do in free time, kinda busy these days with exams and all.

user28

Journeyman
Can anybody suggest any strategy based games similar to Red alert and Empire Earth? I am a die hard fan of both the series. Looking for more similar games.
:)

meanwhile can you post such games here? I'll want to try some.

gameranand

Living to Play
Can anybody suggest any strategy based games similar to Red alert and Empire Earth? I am a die hard fan of both the series. Looking for more similar games.
:)

1. Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
2. Command & Conquer 3 Kane's Wraith
3. Command & Conquer Red Alert 3
4. Starcraft 2 Wings of Liberty
5. Starcraft 2 Heart of Stone
6. Grey Goo
Not writing the obvious Dota 2 & TF2.
1. Path of Exile
2. Warframe
3. Robocraft
4. Tribes Ascend
5. Smite
6. Heroes & Generals

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Have anyone played Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood?? Is it worth buying?

Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood on Steam

I know it's an old game. But, heard it's similar to Commandos series. That's why I'm interested in it. Ratings are good too.

Alok

Adventurer
Have anyone played Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood?? Is it worth buying?

Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood on Steam

I know it's an old game. But, heard it's similar to Commandos series. That's why I'm interested in it. Ratings are good too.

ask skud

Nerevarine

Incarnate
[MENTION=129731]Shah[/MENTION]

I have played that game, its very very good.. Each character has unique abilities just like Commandos and the pathfinding is much better than older Commandos games..
Also, there are alot more mechanics like civilians who will alert enemies when you do something suspicious in their FOV (like carrying a body etc) and the music is dynamic , it will change according to enemy behaviour..
there are tonnes of sidequests like raiding for money, capturing forts etc
The main form of combat - melee combat is not a clickfest, you click and drag onto a specific symbol and you execute a special attack based on that.. For example, dragging a circle will make your character do a spinning attack, doing an infinity symbol will make a slow power attack etc... (just dont do this in a group lel)
Another game from the same developer is Desperados : wanted dead or alive.. It incorporates everything Robin Hood does and its even better (and has a more engaging storyline)

Shah

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=118706]Alok[/MENTION] and [MENTION=110244]Nerevarine[/MENTION] Thanks. Will look into Desperados too.

Soumik

Padawan

Sure. Like [MENTION=73844]gameranand[/MENTION] mentioned those games.
Depending on what type of games you want to try, there are quite a few...
Most famous would be the MOBA games :
1. League of Legends
2. Dota 2
3. Smite (for a more 3rd person feel.)
4. Infinite Crisis (Coming soon :) )

FPS team shooters:
1. Planetside 2 - Personal fav.
2. Team Fortress 2
3. Ghost Recon Online (Not sure if its out.. will give this a shot for sure)
4. Heros and Generals (FPS RPG hybrid)
5. Tribes Ascend

Strategic RPG/RTS:
1. Path of Exile (Critically acclaimed and best alternate to Diablo, and in some ways even better.) - Just be prepared to grind like hell and play smart. Very easy to get in over your head. :p
2. Warcraft III (till lvl 20 i think)
3. Drakensang Online (Poor IAP model)
4. Anno Online
5. Tribal Wars (or something like that... not sure about name)

Action RPG :
1. Vindictus (Hack and Slash) - Currently addicted to this. So far, beautiful IAP implementation where you need to pay to have style, but grind to get best equipment and gear. Very high focus on player skill and crafting, hence a pretty high difficulty reverse curve (gets harder as you progress), but very rewarding.
2. Warframe (TPS)
3. Neverwinter (TPA Classic hybrid) - Played for a bit... loads of fun. But paying money gets you too cool stuff that will make u feel bad watching others. lol. Does not need real money to finish the solo game. Much lesser learning curve than Vindictus.
4. Black Desert Online (Not out yet, but arguably the most anticipated of all)
5. Star Wars : The Old republic (Free all the way and very AAA feel to the game, but very little progression in terms of rewards and experience for free players past lvl 20).
6. Age of Conan. (Again not really best exp for free players)

There are tons of others like Star Trek Online, World of Tanks, DC Universe Online, Marvel Heroes 2015, etc... just google best free to play games. :)

Last edited:

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Guys please recommend a sports game that is not based on a regular game like football, cricket, pool etc.
But based on an imaginary sports game ( like frozen cortex )

Also Looking for games that just require 'gaming skill'

Examples:
PES / FIFA
Super Meat Boy and similar platformers
Call of duty / Counter Strike (FPS)
Racing Games
Combat part in Mount and blade .

Basically games that can be played without having to deal with management / leveling up / rpg elements. Think Mount and blade without the RPG / roaming around elements.

Prefer something that is not a generic Platformer / Racing /FPS.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Have you tried Portal? It's a definite game which requires 'skills'.

If you have heard about Portal, how about DeadCore? I am playing DeadCore these days. It's a game which is ruthless and requires tremendous skills. I got this game on Steam Sale and loving it.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Have you tried Portal? It's a definite game which requires 'skills'.
Yup portal series is a favourite of mine.. But by skill I don't mean thinking skills (puzzle) , but movement of hands skills if it makes sense..

gameranand

Living to Play
Guys please recommend a sports game that is not based on a regular game like football, cricket, pool etc.
But based on an imaginary sports game ( like frozen cortex )

Also Looking for games that just require 'gaming skill'

Examples:
PES / FIFA
Super Meat Boy and similar platformers
Call of duty / Counter Strike (FPS)
Racing Games
Combat part in Mount and blade .

Basically games that can be played without having to deal with management / leveling up / rpg elements. Think Mount and blade without the RPG / roaming around elements.

Prefer something that is not a generic Platformer / Racing /FPS.

Hmm...For imaginary sports game, I guess "Tower Defense" games would be good for you.

1. Orcs Must Die 1 & 2
2. Sanctum

For Game that require skills

1. Portal series
2. The Talos Principle
3. Dark Souls series
4. DOTA 2
5. Assetto Corsetta
6. Project Cars
7. Grid Autosport and Race Driver Grid
8. Insurgency
9. Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising
10. Metro Games
11. XCOM Enemy Unknown
12. Total War Shogun 2
13. Company of Heroes 1

I can suggest so many games which require skills, but you see this is a subjective matter. What I might like for skill could be easy for you if you have played it too much. But the above games are pretty good in their own regard with being somewhat difficult.
I am not listing any 4X strategy games coz that might be too much, but if you are open to them then I can suggest some good 4X strategy games which require some serious attention and skill to play.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Sure. Like [MENTION=73844]gameranand[/MENTION] mentioned those games.
Depending on what type of games you want to try, there are quite a few...
Most famous would be the MOBA games :
1. League of Legends
2. Dota 2
3. Smite (for a more 3rd person feel.)
4. Infinite Crisis (Coming soon :) )

FPS team shooters:
1. Planetside 2 - Personal fav.
2. Team Fortress 2
3. Ghost Recon Online (Not sure if its out.. will give this a shot for sure)
4. Heros and Generals (FPS RPG hybrid)
5. Tribes Ascend

Strategic RPG/RTS:
1. Path of Exile (Critically acclaimed and best alternate to Diablo, and in some ways even better.) - Just be prepared to grind like hell and play smart. Very easy to get in over your head. :p
2. Warcraft III (till lvl 20 i think)
3. Drakensang Online (Poor IAP model)
4. Anno Online
5. Tribal Wars (or something like that... not sure about name)

Action RPG :
1. Vindictus (Hack and Slash) - Currently addicted to this. So far, beautiful IAP implementation where you need to pay to have style, but grind to get best equipment and gear. Very high focus on player skill and crafting, hence a pretty high difficulty reverse curve (gets harder as you progress), but very rewarding.
2. Warframe (TPS)
3. Neverwinter (TPA Classic hybrid) - Played for a bit... loads of fun. But paying money gets you too cool stuff that will make u feel bad watching others. lol. Does not need real money to finish the solo game. Much lesser learning curve than Vindictus.
4. Black Desert Online (Not out yet, but arguably the most anticipated of all)
5. Star Wars : The Old republic (Free all the way and very AAA feel to the game, but very little progression in terms of rewards and experience for free players past lvl 20).
6. Age of Conan. (Again not really best exp for free players)

There are tons of others like Star Trek Online, World of Tanks, DC Universe Online, Marvel Heroes 2015, etc... just google best free to play games. :)
Very nice list, i might try some of the MMORPGs you pointed out.. what is IAP ?

gameranand

Living to Play
Very nice list, i might try some of the MMORPGs you pointed out.. what is IAP ?

For most of the game IAP are cosmetic products. However some games especially the FPS ones have IAP for weapons and skills but you can get there with playthrough as well.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Thanks for the suggestions!
DeadCore: Looks great, but I have played wayyy too many FPS, and am looking for something different atm.

A genre that interests me that seems to fit the bill for me: arcade-y combat flight sims, like tom clancy's HAWX

Top Bottom