• None

Votes: 29 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
aryayush said:
Both suck! But digit is comparatively better.
Uh...thanks?

You could, however, point out what exactly sucks about Digit. Just so you're not dismissed as one of those random flamers. Really.

S

SE><IE

aryarush said:
Both suck! But digit is comparatively better.
Messing with the crocodile whilst in a pond? wait till The-Greatest-God arrives.

Well, I have seen chip just once, that too with one of ma buddy's buddy. It had no plastic casing for the discs either, they were in paper packagings (lame)
Perhaps they got an advantage of the name (as chip was di9it's earlier name)

OP
shakshy

shakshy

Broken In
The one with more pages, less ads, more CDs and DVDs, less price, good contents is the right one. Sometimes chip comes with better contents than Digit then we say digit sucks and at other times its the chip who sucks

Aberforth

The Internationalist
Digit is better, for quality content and transparent research on products (Tests). In Chips the research isn't as descriptive, clear and unconfusing as Digit. And the other articles are vague, I find it hard to figure out what I learnt or what they're trying to tell....

GeekyBoy

In the zone
Digit-
Pros:
1.Good CD & DVD Contents
2.Fast Track
3.Great Forum

Cons:
1.A great deal of ADs(about 45 % of the mag in dec issue)
2.Bad Paper quality
3.Reviews not up to the mark

Chip-
Pros:
1.Good Magazine content
2.Less ads(30 % of the mag in dec issue)
3.Great Paper Quality

Cons:
1.Poor CD & DVD content
2.Poor Quality of Forum(although it is being updated)

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
I just don't understand the argument on poor paper quality, as far as Digit is concerned. Neither do I recall any accidental rashes on my hands or fingers while handling the mag all these years. Forget Digit, I don't think I've ever had any complaints with the 'cheap' daily newspapers that I read, and how good is their quality in comparison with Digit? Or any other tech mag that you may or may not need, for that matter?

I can understand the reasoning from the point that people expect their money's worth down to every single penny. But debating a mag's paper quality shouldn't be a consideration, if you compare the latest information and knowledge that is on offer within the pages of its cover - which is were the premium should be laid.

As far as Chip vs. Digit goes, I've read the former sparingly and not too soon before proclaiming my unseeming loyalty to the latter! :p

hailgautam

Youngling
little off topic but pc world has a balance of cds and content.

but i must accept digit forum is the best. i spend at least 3-4 hour at home and all the time when i am moving in a bus or train.= add another 3 hrs so nearly 7 hrs a day.

S

SE><IE

For all those who think digit's paper quality is bad- Do you wanna make a double-flap-heart-printed-undies or what? If you can read it without any problems then I suppose its good enough, there's no use to thicken the paper and drool over ramayana-thick mag which uses 1mm thick paper :D

Sourabh

Laptoping
Check out the paper quality of digit about an year ago. Although, text appeared ok and the images lacked details. That was the time everyone complained about the paper quality of digit. I even enquired Raaabo about it, and what he said was - they use some eco-friendly paper which may be the reason for it, but he also blamed it on the ink they used. But from the past 6-8 months, there are no issues whatsoever with digit mag.

You cannot compare a newspaper and a magazine. Newspaper is meant to be read once and trashed the very next day. A magazine has to be a lot of things - waterproof, durable,.... ( yes big terms but you pay 125-200 Rs for it) So, yes I am saying paper quality is very essential. Digit is to geeks what Maxim may be to someone else. How would you feel when you cannot notice the intricate visual details inside the pics on the mag. I am talking about the benchmark graphs here.

S

SE><IE

I meant current paper quality doesn't lose out anything. We can't hope for photo-paper quality :)

n.regmi

Broken In
Digit is the best magazine, i have all the issues from november 2001.
the only thing i hate is the cover page, its so frustrating i tear it as soon i get the magazine lol.

blackpearl

The Devil
Sourabh said:
Check out the paper quality of digit about an year ago. Although, text appeared ok and the images lacked details. That was the time everyone complained about the paper quality of digit. I even enquired Raaabo about it, and what he said was - they use some eco-friendly paper which may be the reason for it, but he also blamed it on the ink they used. But from the past 6-8 months, there are no issues whatsoever with digit mag.

You cannot compare a newspaper and a magazine. Newspaper is meant to be read once and trashed the very next day. A magazine has to be a lot of things - waterproof, durable,.... ( yes big terms but you pay 125-200 Rs for it) So, yes I am saying paper quality is very essential. Digit is to geeks what Maxim may be to someone else. How would you feel when you cannot notice the intricate visual details inside the pics on the mag. I am talking about the benchmark graphs here.

Yes, I wrote about the poor pictures earlier. The images are all smeared. The ink comes out of the "borders". That looks really cheap.

ruthless

Lin Win Mac
PC world is no way in front of digit.
The so called survey was done by pcworld and according to the norms set up by Pc world. Digit had also publised ads agaimst this Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom