Votes: 66 25.9%
  • None

Votes: 29 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
CHIP sucks when it comes to delivering magazines. They lost my subscription four times and after so many thousand calls, I finally get my mag by the 15th of the month....

Contentwise, I find Chip far superior to Digit. The magazine is also a pleasure to read with its good quality paper and print. The gaming reviews on digit suck. The screenshots are so small.

btw, I think CPU (International) is an excellent mag....

OP
shakshy

shakshy

Broken In
digit has increased its ad contents and decreased the writing value and increased the price and decreased the delivery service and increased the annoyance of readers and decreased the interest of me.

OP
shakshy

shakshy

Broken In
LOL, OH! you like digit's presentation? LOL. It takes 30 min in scanning to find the same page i had read 3 min before

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Digit it better for quizzers and time passers. Chip is better for actual technology reviews, which are much more detailed and reflect more knowledge.

In the last yr or so, Digit's GPU or even CPU or gaming etc hardware reviews reflect the lack of knowledge and only wrong pieces of advice.

Sumeet_naik

It doesn't matter!
I think digit is still the best mag out there.
And with a DVD, CD, Fast Track mag & me, it's better than the rest(best).

Lucifer

Reviewerus Prolificus
I'd go with digit... loads a changes going on.... techy articles, in depth coverage of new hardware... bazaar's back as well!!

F

fannedman

I have been buying both the magazines since dec04. I must say that chip was leading the competetion at that time.Digit was trying lame tricks,like trying to give more content in their cds and dvds, digit was catching on.In those months chip had a razor edge over the others.If u read digit at that time it was plain vanilla.It was a cure for insomnia.
But as time progressed I have seen many writers of chip leave it.Even its editor left for a job in times of india.It began to lose its lustre.Since then it has been surviving
on writers frm other branches.Many articles of chip were frm writers of other braches i.e branches in other countries(chip is an international magazine).only a few handful of articles are frm the indian branch.They have not even upgraded their cd/dvd interface for a long time.Mean time digit was improving, u can see that they have hired and tested a lot of writers.Nowadays the articles in digit have more spunk and attitude than chip.I liked it so much that I plunged into subscription.Yes,digit is one of the leading magazines now and I like it.

Talking abt the forums,digit forum is a lot more advanced,better looking compared to chip,which has not changed since ages.BUT THIS IS ONLY THE LOOKS.IT WOULD TAKE A LOT TO BEAT THE CHIP FORUM.Why?because only good looks and features does not complete the forum,its the people. guys at this forum are plain vanilla advisors.Just take a look at the chip forum.It may be old but its members have more punch and attitude and knowledge.This where chip leads or to be more precise its readers lead

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
fannedman said:
I have been buying both the magazines since dec04. I must say that chip was leading the competetion at that time.Digit was trying lame tricks,like trying to give more content in their cds and dvds, digit was catching on.In those months chip had a razor edge over the others.If u read digit at that time it was plain vanilla.It was a cure for insomnia.
But as time progressed I have seen many writers of chip leave it.Even its editor left for a job in times of india.It began to lose its lustre.Since then it has been surviving
on writers frm other branches.Many articles of chip were frm writers of other braches i.e branches in other countries(chip is an international magazine).only a few handful of articles are frm the indian branch.They have not even upgraded their cd/dvd interface for a long time.Mean time digit was improving, u can see that they have hired and tested a lot of writers.Nowadays the articles in digit have more spunk and attitude than chip.I liked it so much that I plunged into subscription.Yes,digit is one of the leading magazines now and I like it.

Talking abt the forums,digit forum is a lot more advanced,better looking compared to chip,which has not changed since ages.BUT THIS IS ONLY THE LOOKS.IT WOULD TAKE A LOT TO BEAT THE CHIP FORUM.Why?because only good looks and features does not complete the forum,its the people. guys at this forum are plain vanilla advisors.Just take a look at the chip forum.It may be old but its members have more punch and attitude and knowledge.This where chip leads or to be more precise its readers lead

another chip-forum member came here to bash.

A

arjunmk1

ahh.. the world is so predictable -- losers always talk like losers

i still dont understand -- they both are technically magazine having almost same contents !!

i would rather like to see the world from different point of views so i buy all mags , but losers are only narrowsighted so they stick to one

runeet

Broken In
Digt mainly focuses on some lame ass articles, they dont provide even hardcore reviews, their hardware reviews is a really bad joke, half the guys seem to be wetting their pants there just by seeing the hardware and not writting about them, they provide really detailed screenshots of it, like the august issue of digit featured the 360, but on reading the article it was such a put off, they just provided one freaking picture of the console, that to was of pathetic quality, man those guys seriously need to improve their quality.
and they charge humongous 125 bucks for a magazine full of ****, they cant even give good demos for their dvd content.

hellraiser

Broken In
Im a DIGIT subscriber from beginning but still I think content wise quality and on price ground CHIP rocks.
Digit is a bit costlier for what it is offering. Im sure im going discontinue DIGIT.
But not to forget DIGIT's fast track series is cool. If DIGIT offer some loyality bonus or special discounts for students i'll definitely like to back at DIGIT.

V

Viki_alone

Chip Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuks
Chip = Cheap Source
I really hate it

Digit I LOVE UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
digit ROccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccks
Digit = Tech Navigator

i will be with digit 4 ever.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pathik

Google Bot
chip doesnt suck.. But may start to cos many of the good indian writers hav left it..inc its editor charles assisi whose articles rocked... :)

william

Journeyman
Digit rules in both the articles in the mag. and the contents in the DVD/CD.
One more feature that let the digit to take thew lead is its every month's fasttrack which i think that every issue is really great. even the digit forum rocks.

freakanomics

Broken In
Digit is the one.....i say.....the best.
Chip is kinda good but doesn't provide enough softwares and...hmmm....i think its a bit kiddish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom