Digit - July 2011 - Only One DVD?

OP
rajivnedungadi

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
^^ Technology changes fast. And reading something about it months after doesn't make sense, now does it?

I was expecting this answer.

Then, why not subscribe to a no DVD edition?

OR

There are a million websites that provide daily updates to tech. You will get daily updates there than a monthly update....now does it?

Tech&ME

Banned
^^ Technology changes fast. And reading something about it months after doesn't make sense, now does it?

True.

Some magazines has already moved to digital edition only. I think Digit is starting to look toward this direction and in coming months it will also go digital only edition.

If one can invest in good internet connection plan.....:grin: you know what I mean..... ;-)

OP
rajivnedungadi

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
I neither have time nor bandwidth to do it everyday

I only said its been updated daily, never said that follow it daily. You can do it weekly or fortnightly

Poor subscribers were promised 2 DVDs and were charged for it but now they are cheated.....and left with just 1 DVD

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I was expecting this answer.

Then, why not subscribe to a no DVD edition?

Well, I haven't even subscribed for normal edition. Can't pay in bulk. I think, even if I don't use DVD much, still it comes handy. Sometimes to install those bulky updates, like .Net framework and sometimes Linux DVD's.
So I am good! :grin:

kangkan

Right off the assembly line
Got my Subscribed copy today, but only 1 DVD is there. Searched whole package, but there is no other DVD. I am not happy with that...

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yeah, got my copy too. One DVD confirmed.

But, I dont think, I would criticize a magazine for not giving something, they are not obliged to. Yeah. IMO, they never "promised" to provide 2 DVD's!

Anyway, I think, there must be some budget problem due to high manufacturing costs of edition of June.

the_aware

no of DVDs doesn't make a difference to me.
the content does
and sometimes the content is completely useless

i just wish the content they put in the dvd wasn't the useless one

anyway, the content as shown in preview looks just fine....

I went to Crossword J P Nagar and it was not there :| . Picked up Chip instead . Travelling at the end of week so needed one .

Will look for it tomorrow !

abhinav_sinha

Journeyman
Got my copy today and the contents look good.
Regarding the DVD : Well I see their content in Magazine or online sometimes but prefer the books. Also they have really come in handy whenever needed. So no complaints there.
Regarding online or PDF reading: I hate reading book on screen and prefer hard copies.If ever DIGIT goes only PDF I will leave it.

wunder_boy_in

This is really cunning and i did not expected this from Digit Team the july 2011 DVD carries the ADOBE flash builder logo and name when i loaded it and then searched the entire content for the software it was not there rather when i read the text it shows "BUILD A MOBILE APP IN FIVE MINUTES USING ADOBE FLASH BUILDING ARTICLE" just a pdf article.
my question is why the DVD front cover showcased it prominently making a illusion that it contains the entire software but a small PDF article ?

K

krishna.bed01213

Re: Digit - Aug2011 - Only One DVD?

I also thinking like that.
Better to buy other PC mag because i buy started buying the book from newsstands Dec 2006 only for DVD s and software till now not missed a issue.If they continue with i dvd i have to make a choice ..............:x:x:x:x

Top Bottom