Differnce between homeland security in USA and India

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Do you think that racinm isn't there in India??

anyways, let's not go there.

And how is that Sachin's incident related to a homeland security incident?

And will people support Sachin if he makes a crime and gets punished saying that he is a terrific batsman and he has the right to make crime?

Same thing with any other person. they don't care if you are actor or lawyer. Unless you are on a official government business, you will be under a scanner.

And afaik, even Air Force One is thoroughly checked before flying.

Rahim

Married!
You missed the point i was trying to make. Media can do anything. Dont blame them for every damn thing. One has the remote of the TV :p

and if your anger has subsided down, better stop posting again for no reason.
Ask the Mods to shift this to Fight Club.

The very fact to you posted this news here makes you a part of the media :) and one gets free mein publicity.

See we both are discussing over a non-issue and wasting our time.

Last edited:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
1) Oh yes. Am pretty sure of his behaviour and he has been under scanner lot of time for the same
How do u know about his behavior?? From media or u r his buddy? In one comment u say u don't believe media and in another u portray that ur opinion is based on the reports of same media.
U r confused. U only listen what u want to listen, u see what u want to see. B4 commenting on anything get the facts for both sides.

2) You can't compare USA with Germany. USA is the no.1 on terror hitlist and germany wouldn't even be in top.50. So is the security and interrogation levels in USA
I didn't want to compare USA with Germany. I just wanted to tell that it was a country where he flown first time. So leave aside he being known there, he can't even expect support from security there. But no such incidents was reported from there about him.
And, as Germany is not so-much attacked by terrorists, it doesn't meant they would spare each and everyone who claims to be someone.
And, how do u know he was not abused in the interrogation room which he has still not revealed. U never know :rolleyes:

3) Everyone knows that whatever he says will be blown out of proportion in the media. Even he knows that if he says that he was detained for 2hrs, Indian media will blow it out of proportion and that I don't believe if he says that he didn't want to make it into big issue. In that case, he just would've said that security checks have delayed his visit to function or just kept quiet.
Again... well u don't believe but don't have any specific reason. But I've accidentally came upon to that news byte on that channel.

4) and also, CNN IBN is one of the worst media channels and they create drama in every single news store so I don't care what SRK said to CNN IBN and what they show up.
I'm not talking about IBN-7, its CNN-IBN.
Even if its India TV who shows that SRK telling something. Can u prove that they dubbed SRK's voice and those are actually told by some posers.

5) as per the reports, SRK was the one who revealed the detail in
Yes. Later when he was asked to verify that issue.

also, here is the comment by Shukla

"It is really not fair. Just because he has a common surname does not mean that every Muslim can be taken as a suspect or considered to be a terrorist. The Amercian authorities should adopt a methodology so that well-known names like Shahrukh Khan and APJ Abdul Kalam are not harassed like this. They should focus on getting the actual suspects.’’
So, u should be angry over Shukla not SRK.

OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
My take on his behaviour comes from the videos that show him and is also based on news and certainly its not the junk news that rolls on channels. Am not confused and I would say that I understand difference between real-thing and drama

And I am talking about CNN-IBN only. Watch CNN for 1 hr and switch to CNN-IBN. Once looks like a professional news channel and other looks like news-drama. If you like CNN-IBN channel, then I do understand all your points!!

Am not saying about duping videos. The drama that these channels are trying to add and trying to create seriousness out of nothing is helping these celebrities gain unnecessary popularity and they are using it at the best. This is what irritates me.

see, SRK himself explained to the community in USA (or I would say in a function) that this was done and only then the blow out started. He was the one that started then otherwise it never would've come out.

it's not that I am angry on SRK or Shukla. Am angry on the situations that are deliberately created out of nothing. Like trying to rub that i'm-a-vip-and-nothing-should-touch-me attitute on others.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
He was there for some South Asian Carnival. What does the term South Asian includes ? Afghanistan, Pakistan, Bangladesh and India. No doubt that he was taken into some fact findings.

nix

I was particularly shocked about these comments by the so called "king" khan's friends:

The event is "as absurd as Brad Pitt coming to India, being strip-searched, investigated and interrogated,"-Karan Johar wrote on his blog.

I'm sure brad pitt will not have a problem with security routines. nor will he cry foul or demand VIP status. Its not brad's fault if we treat him like a VIP. we do it by choice. and we should not be using the word "strip search" without knowing the facts. strip search does not always mean undressing to naked. untucking the shirt, removing your jacket are also referred to as strip search. only if the airport officials suspect hidden objects, do they ask you to undress to naked.

shah rukh khan said "routine security procedures were not followed". well, how does he know what they are? Airport officials in USA are very professional. SRK should refrain from making assumptions as to what "routing security procedures" are.

I'm appalled by comments coming in from union minister (shashi tharoor) and other indian govt officials. I think we are jumping the gun on this one. There is no valid reason to claim racial profiling. USA is far more liberal and secular and anti-racist than india can ever be.

din

Tribal Boy
Do not want to comment much on this, but one thing.

We just can't compare Mr.APJ Abdul Kalam and SRK. In APJ Abdul Kalam's case, it happened in India and as per our rules, no authority has permission to do a search on a former Indian president - That is Indian law - At least that is what media / internet say. And the Continental airlines sent formal apology to Mr. Kalam.

Now SRK's case happened in the USA where SRK or any other person is supposed to obey the rules and laws of that country. If you do not like someone searching or interrogating, why going there ? Simple isn't it ? I am not a fan of SRK at the same time I am not against him at all too. But as per the laws of USA, nothing wrong in that, so why making it a big issue ?

din

Tribal Boy
Was reading the newspaper and the editorial was an excellent one and related to this topic. Not a lengthy one.

Searched and found the online version too.

Have a look - VVIPs and security procedures Worth reading it :)

Last edited:
OP
desiibond

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
also, here is an update on ToI:

WASHINGTON: The US Customs and Border Protection's extra scrutiny of megastar Shah Rukh Khan was triggered by Bollywood's showbiz having come
under the scanner of law enforcement authorities and intelligence agencies for dodgy financial transactions and alleged underworld links.

Khan was questioned closely by CBP agents on his arrival at Newark's Liberty International Airport last week with emphasis on ascertaining his local US contacts and engagements, an episode that caused an uproar in India, mainly in elite circles. It transpires that Khan was visiting the US primarily for Bollywood shows in Chicago and Houston promoted by brothers Farhath Hussain and Altaf Hussain, with few other local promoters, some of whom are on the radar of authorities in UK, US and India.

Although there was no red flag against Shah Rukh Khan's name itself, it was his local contacts which triggered off the alert, accorded to sources who asked not to be identified. The situation was compounded by the non-arrival of his baggage from London, a particularly sensitive station in American eyes.

US intelligence agencies have long been leery of a possible terrorist attack by Islamist extremists from a city dubbed Londonistan, particularly since British passport holders do not need a visa to enter the United States.

Farhath Hussain is a London-based businessman who modestly describes himself as the "world's Number One promoter of Bollywood shows, a showbiz impresario extraordinaire." His brother Altaf Hussain is a Chicago-based businessman in the gas station industry who founded the Lake County South Asian Entertainment Inc. to tap into the Bollywood showbiz market in US after the eclipse of Vijay Taneja, a former Indian partner whose founded a company called Elite Entertainment.

According to an industry insider, Farhath Hussain and Vijay Taneja had divvied up Bollywood shows in Europe and the US between then for many years. Both had promoted shows featuring Shah Rukh Khan and a number of other Bollywood stars. But Taneja was convicted in a massive mortgage fraud in the Washington DC area last year and sentence to seven years in the clink, allowing brothers Hussain to capture US territory.

Incidentally, the Chicago-based Altaf Hussain bears the same name as the London-based leader of Pakistan's Muttahida Quami Movement (MQM) party, another possible trigger for the CBP red flag. That Altaf Hussain, a key player in Pakistani politics who is frequently accused of sectarian violence (most notably by Imran Khan) was a cab-driver in Chicago before he eventually returned to Pakistan to found MQM to represent Mohajir interests.

Taneja invested some of his ill-gotten wealth in Bollywood extravaganzas, including producing a movie starring Himmesh Reshammiya titled "Aap ka Suroor." He was $ 77 million in debt when he declared bankruptcy, a step which led to an investigation into his financial shenanigans which destroyed the lives of many home-owners in suburban Washington.

Taneja is currently in prison outside Philadelphia, serving out his sentence even as the Hussain brothers are taking over Bollywood tours in US. Farhath Hussain was till recently managed Shilpa Shetty's engagements in UK but they are now said to have fallen out, but showbiz insiders credit him with widespread connections in the industry, including with many financiers, which enable him to attract top stars for his US road shows. They said Shah Rukh Khan himself was above board, being a mere pawn in the game, even though he was an acknowledged top draw commanding high fees.

US officials declined to go into the specifics of the Shah Rukh Khan episode citing law enforcement sensitivities. "A lot of stuff we discuss with passenger we can't reveal because of privacy rules," CBP spokesman Elmer Camacho told ToI, while maintaining that the actor was treated with due professional courtesy and the process had not taken two hours as claimed.

Comacho also pointed out the actor himself had reeled back from some of the initial comments and acknowledged that the CBP was following a laid-down procedure. Phone numbers listed for brothers Hussain and other promoters of the "South Asia Carnival" went to mailboxes which were full. Messages left to their associate Monty Syed were not returned.

Meanwhile, sources who spoke to ToI described a complex web of financial transactions around Bollywood shows in the west, involving layers of players. At the top of the rung are promoters in Mumbai, who sold shows to overseas players such as Farhath Hussain and Vijay Taneja. These guys in turn sold the shows to local promoters in European and US cities, who banked on ticket sales and retail advertisers to recoup the money they spent to bid for the shows.

Bollywood-starved NRIs pony up anywhere from $ 25 to $ 500 (for the priciest tickets) to see their favorite stars. Top stars, especially a crowd puller like SRK, could command as much as $ 50,000 per show. One source spoke of an actor who was paid $ 900,000 for an 18-city tour that went from Fort Lauderdale in Florida to Los Angeles, California couple of years back.

"Many of these transactions are unreported...you can understand why the business is on the scanner of authorities especially because of the shadow of the underworld on the Bollywood showbiz," he said

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Yeah, the truth was far obvious if you actually looked at the venue he was destined for. I wonder if the money earned by these shows is channeled back to terrorism funding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom