Difference between COMPAQ and HP'S laptops..??

Status
Not open for further replies.

virus_killer

Journeyman
hi guys,,

i want to buy new laptop, as now am thinking to buy ny one from dis two,

(1) COMPAQ PRESARIO V6102AUAU
----------------------------------------
configuration as follows

Turion x2 TL-50/1.6 PROCESSOR
CHIPSET : NVIDIA GeForce 6150
Memory : DDR2/667MHZ/1GB
Graphics system : GeForce 256MB
Display : 15.4 Wide/1280 x 800
Hard Disk : 100 GB,5400 rpm
optical drive : DVD writer

--------------------------------------
price :- Rs. 49,990/-

(2) HP PAVILION dv2025TU
-----------------------------------

PROCESSOR :- CORE DUO T2250/1.73
CHIPSET : INTEL 945GM
MEMORY : DDR2/533MHZ/512MB
GRAPHICS SY.: INTEL 82945GM/128MB
DISPLAY :- 14 WIDE/1280 X 800
HARD DISK : 100 GB,5400 RPM
OPTICAL DRIVE : DVD-WRITER

----------------------------------
PRICE :- Rs.55,990/-

now as you can see compaq's configration is i think much better than HP'S, then y there is so much of price difference between them ??

can you tel me whts the drawbacks of compaq's over HP AND vice versa ???? plz guys help me............

otherwise you guys suggest me some good laptops under 60 to 65k. and plz don MOVE this therad to "all laptops queries", i had ask them once but cudnt got ny good response...plz

hailgautam

Youngling
The price difference is due to the AMD Turion processor on the Compaq. AMD chips consume more power and get really hot. See if you have a budget of upto 60-65 got for the dell inspiron 6400, and choose a high end config for yourself, according to your budget.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Compaq Presario V6102AU has got a battery backup of only 1.30Hrs. It is obvious becoz it is AMD based. AMD based laptops drain battery fast.
On the other hand Intel Core Duo doesn't. HP gives you a battery backup time of around 2.30 to 3.00 hrs.

Since a its a laptop, battery backup is very essential. Go for HP. Total value for money. A detailed reviews of Notebooks are given in digit Oct issue. HP performed really well in the reviews. I own a HP Pavilion DV2002-very happy with it.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Both Compaq & Pavilion are HP's brands.

Compaq is like a Workstation (office use) & Pavilion is like a Office + Entertainment Laptop.

With the Pavilion Model, you get lots of Software of HP brand (HP ImageZone, Recovery Softwares...), & a Pre-Installed Windows XP (Home Edition or Pro).

So this is a reason for the difference in cost.
But as far as the Customer Support goes,
If you go for Compaq (without Pre-Installed XP), you'll only get Hardware related Support.

With Pavilion model you get full support (Software as well as Hardware).

If you want to go for Vista, increase your budget a little & go for a HP Pavilion model or Compaq which has a Dedicated Graphics Card, this will be helpful in running Vista.
Or just wait till Feb.- March 2007, when the DirectX10 version of Graphics card are launched.(the mobile gfx. card will come at that time).
In my opinion, if you invest at that time, you'll have a very powerful Laptop + Pre-Installed Vista with other goodies.

hailgautam

Youngling
it depends on your budget. they are custom configurable as per your needs and budget. you can try customise it for yourself and see the price on the dell site, the basic price is however 46.9k+1k for delivery:

*dellstore02.sg.dell.com/public/cart/configurator.jsp?prd_id=39572&sr_no=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom