Difference - Ad-Aware and Anti-Virus Software...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

satya_gen

Broken In
I have Kaspersky Anti-virus software.
and Ad-Aware 1.06 software.

My question is,
Can I install Anti-virus software and Ad-Aware software in one system?

Because somebody said, now a days html files(which we are downloading from internet) having virus.
Anti-virus softwares cann't remove these type of viruses. so u need Ad-Aware software to clean the html type of viruses.

What is the difference between Anti-virus software and Ad-Aware software?

Please give me the details about these things. There is any Aticle is there?

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
mr satya gen , it seems u r new to cyber world
viruses and adwares r 2 different things , although they both intend to harm ur computer in one way or the other
but the viruses r much more harmful than adwares
yes , u can install antivirus software and antispyware or ad aware simultaneouly in a system

Charley

Just Do It
~Phenom~ said:
but the viruses r much more harmful than adwares

Both are similar in terms of harmfulness. U might wonder how. I had certain adwares in my system cos of which I couldnt browse the net neither cud check emails. The same thing goes on in a virus which doesnt allow or restricts the normal functioning ....

@Satyagen - U have to install more softwares both for AV and adwares, spyware to keep u protected . If u wanna know which ones there are plenty of threads in this forum, where u can search for it.

And also it can be installed in a system. Infact I have umpteen AV and spy/ad softwares in my drive.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Humm check this web page....

it will confuse u more...

What is the difference Adware & spyware...

now there r few Suite Software which will take care of every thing... like Norton Internet Security or KAV Personal Pro 5.0 which will take care of every thing....

& pay a visit here

Charley

Just Do It
saurav_cheeta said:
now there r few Suite Software which will take care of every thing... like Norton Internet Security or KAV Personal Pro 5.0 which will take care of every thing....

And just a reminder , these are trialwares not freewares.

anandk

Distinguished Member
hi there !

above posts mustve answrd ur qs. sure they r different. both equally harmful, the difference being in terms of degrees only. if u r using only the trial edition of kav, do download and use avast anti-virus. its freeware.
and its good.

as far as anti-spyware are concerned u must have atleast 2 ! so apart from adaware, download and use microsoft anti-spyware.

visit www.download.com for such tools. :)

addl info sites :
www.spywareinfo.com
*www.vmyths.com/
*www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/
www.toptenreviews.com
*www.virusbtn.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom