Diff Between original and pirated windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
I want to know what is diff between original and pirated windows CD. Its just the serial no or something else

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Original comes in some thousand bucks while pirated is available for some 50-100 rupees only...

And you won't get patches and customer support direct from microsoft.
Rest there is none. Moreover you can have the satisfaction of a Genuine user for making Billy happy.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Not much difference actually.

Updates are still availble though but you wont get official Microsoft support but you should buy Genuine Windows since we are not here to promote piracy :D

Oh just noticed
diff between original and pirated windows CD.

In that case, Original one is supposed to come in better packing and better print on CD :D with Serial Number on the BOX

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
, Original one is supposed to come in better packing and better print on CD :D with Serial Number on the BOX
want to add a beutiful hologram on the box too :) LOL

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
any other differences like prone to spywares, viruses, or system crash even after full patched.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
jugnu_009 said:
any other differences like prone to spywares, viruses, or system crash even after full patched.

System is more stable. I can't guarantee regarding spywares becoz it depends upon your security suite. Use a good security suite like Kaspersky Antivirus, ZoneAlarm Firewall with AntiSpyware and Windows Defender/Spybot.

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
no difference, system security is up to you, and if you patch your system is like genuine
but
please buy windows at the price uncle bill wants to make him more richer ;)

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
shirish_nagar said:
How could u say this ???

Did u forget "Blue Screen of Death" ??? :D It comes even u have GENUINE copy of Windows !

I said System is more stable. I didn't say that BSOD will be wiped out totally. It depends upon the way you handle Windows. :))

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
Desi-Tek.com said:
by purchasing genuine windows u can help bill gates to remain top in Forbes richest man list :)
very true :)
but then also buy windows be on legal side and make uncle bill more rich ;)

saurabh kakkar

D i s t i n c t l y Ahead
jugnu_009 said:
I want to know what is diff between original and pirated windows CD. Its just the serial no or something else

well i have been using windows xp for a long and have just come to know that its a pirated (after WGA varification) and i havent have any prob till now

regarding u r question yes its just the serial no that is different .In pirated version u will not be asked to activate it and there will be no time bomb

its a marketing strategy of MS to showcase that pirated version lacks security packages etc etc .
note: to the best of my knoeledge and I DONT want to spread piracy.

i will be shifting to linux soon or will get a original xp soon

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
saurabh kakkar said:

i will be shifting to linux soon or will get a original xp soon

Yaar i have also ubuntu installed on my computer. m learning to use it.very good alternative to windws but some softwares are not available for it. So i have to use windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom