diff between Intel dual core,Core 2 , Duo??

Status
Not open for further replies.

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
dual core is a component with two 'cores'(like brains) in one chip, thus theoretically twice as fast as a single core.
core2 is the latest range of performance processors from the intel brand, but not necessarily being dual core(as i have learnt with my experiences from "the missing core")
Duo is the core2 processor with 2 cores, thereby falling into the dual core range

nil_3

In the zone
jz2linkinpark said:
...thus theoretically twice as fast as a single core.

Yes, but in the case of multi-tasking only.

jz2linkinpark said:
core2 is the latest range of performance processors from the intel brand, but not necessarily being dual core(as i have learnt with my experiences from "the missing core")
Duo is the core2 processor with 2 cores, thereby falling into the dual core range

Not clear. Actually it is termed "Core 2 Duo" and not "core 2", "Duo". Want to know something more from the other members.

magnet

Youngling
intel dual core=intel processer having 2 dice(2 proccy on one)

intel core 2 duo=core 2 duo= name given by intel to its new processers(jus like pentium 4)u can call core 2 duo=pentium 5(but mind no pentium 5 will come its a new series of name frm intel instead pentium 5 they wish core 2 duo)
jzlink..all core 2 duo are dual cores

intel pentium d processer=dualcore processer by intel.....before the release of core 2 duo......its based on old architeture......and got a beating whilecompared to amd 3800+ x2 processer in performance......

core 2 duo is based on totally new architecture.........nd beats amd in all department including gaming

hope your doubt is clear

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
@nil_3: believe me man, when i first bought my pc, it had a single core2 processor, thus being termed as core2 with any identification tool i used, i even contacted intel(being replied by "adolfo s.") and they backed my theorem
then i altered to dualcore, and surely enough, it was termed as "core2duo" instead of core2
if you guys don't believe that there are single core2 processor, i'll post screenshots of many identification tools stating that my proccy was just core2 with one core
refer to my previous thread on this doubt:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35829

OP
N

NagpurDaMunda

In the zone
magnet said:
intel dual core=intel processer having 2 dice(2 proccy on one)

intel core 2 duo=core 2 duo= name given by intel to its new processers(jus like pentium 4)u can call core 2 duo=pentium 5(but mind no pentium 5 will come its a new series of name frm intel instead pentium 5 they wish core 2 duo)
jzlink..all core 2 duo are dual cores

intel pentium d processer=dualcore processer by intel.....before the release of core 2 duo......its based on old architeture......and got a beating whilecompared to amd 3800+ x2 processer in performance......

core 2 duo is based on totally new architecture.........nd beats amd in all department including gaming

hope your doubt is clear

yeah my doubt got cleared .....shall i go for pentium D or not ..please suggest

Pragadheesh

In the zone
amd is d one wo started "DUAL CORE". and now since intel has started to produce dual cores,they wish to have a different name and ended with "CORE 2 DUO"..this is wat i heard bout dual core & core2duo..

kirtan

Journeyman
core duo is for the laptops or notebooks.
core 2 duo is our a.k.a. conroe processor for desktops.
we can say that the dual core is the first generation double core processor i.e,having two cores.

core 2 duo > core duo > pentium d.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
ur exp , i suppose is weighing the 2 prccy's right ?

no dude , a core2duo is way better . pentium D is a practical waste . equally costing amd x2's are better .

Stuge

Youngling
abhishek_sharma said:
Actually DUAL CORE IS BETTER THAN CORE2Duo, from my exp.
It's far mor faster and reliable

Hmmm .Core 2 duo beats Pentium D in every way .
*www.bcchardware.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2869&Itemid=40

chitvan

Journeyman
compare both on intel site

*compare.intel.com/pcc/default.aspx?familyID=1&culture=en-US

*www.intel.com/products/processor_number/chart/pentium_dual-core.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom