Didnt Uninstalled Properly!!! So Now Cant Install Again!! :(

amalmishra@rocketmail.com

U C'NT SEE ME :D
Few Days Ago I installed gears of war on my laptop but accidently deleted it without uninstalling now when try to install it again it starts uninstall wizard and i not able to install it!!!
Help!!!:|:cry:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
download Your Uninstaller (trial) and check if it shows any invalid program. else get eusing registry cleaner and perform a scan. usually because of registry showing the game is present (when it is not), the installer won't let you install again.

Vignesh B

Youngling
Though usually, I don't recommend using registry cleaner/system optimizers, this is one of the cases where you have to scan your registry for invalid entries.
Your previous installation's registry entries would be still present, amking the installer think, the game already exists.
You can manually clean the registry too(if you know what you are going to do), but still it is too much hectic to track all the invalid entries. Any freeware cleaner like Ccleaner should suffice for this job.

Try running ccleaner. It may delete the remaining registry entries.

Try running ccleaner. It may delete the remaining registry entries.

gameranand

Living to Play
If nothing helps then you have one option.

Search for Gears of War in C drive and delete everything that is left of it.
Now search for Gears of War in Registry and delete each entry of it, then you would be able to install the game again. :)

Top Bottom