dialing through pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terahertz

Broken In
hello friends,
i just wanted to know if i can dial a number through my pc by connecting a mobile phone with modem to the pc.
i have connected my SE J300i to pc and tried dailing but it shows an error.
what should i do. plz help me.
bye...

soham

In the zone
You cannot make any standard calls to ur friends . however you can make a csd or gprs call through ur pc to connect to the internet . :p

OP
T

Terahertz

Broken In
How can that be done. Plz Explain.
Actually when i dial from my pc i get the connecting... message in my cell phone but it disconects after some time. I cant understand why.

soham

In the zone
first check whether the letter G appears on ur cell . It is a symbol that u can use gprs . if it doesn't contact ur service provider . If it does and u acn browse the net on ur cell check that the modem drivers r installed on ur pc . If there is a problem u should get an error number . check the help for the error no.

soham

In the zone
first check whether the letter G appears on ur cell . It is a symbol that u can use gprs . if it doesn't contact ur service provider . If it does and u acn browse the net on ur cell check that the modem drivers r installed on ur pc . If there is a problem u should get an error number . check the help for the error no.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
u must hv got a cd wit ur cable ...so install drivers for modem from that of ur device....next install the sony ericsson software (manager, connection wizard, mms etc) in ur pc....then u need to setup ur internet connection from that se software....and connect...ur done...

ps:-
1> u may not need to install drivers as it wud be installed automatically wit d se s/w
2>warning: dont keep much expections for speed from that connection...

vamsee

Broken In
YES
u can make call via pc using ur mobile connecting softwares like fma *fma.sourceforge.net you can do what all u want with mobile can be done by ur pc using serial or usb cable.
if u r asking via gprs connectivity u can not.
see towards left i do it that way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom