Desktop vs Laptop vs Tablets

doomgiver

Warframe
:shrug::duh:
i dont do facebook, and i got better stuff to do than just check email.

the point of a tablet is being able to do stuff you cant with both a desktop and a smartphone.

if im going somewhere i dont have to do/use net, then i'll just carry my droid.
if its going to be a long time, then i'll take along my tablet too.

tablet and smartphone are mutually exclusive for usage, except for phone calls.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
doomgiver said:
i dont do facebook, and i got better stuff to do than just check email.
MMO and flash? An iPad which is arguably the best Tab doesnt support flash . Ofcourse, we have Android tabs...but the tab which got the frenzy started doesnt support flash :(
doomgiver said:
the point of a tablet is being able to do stuff you cant with both a desktop and a smartphone.
hmmm...

I think a desktop can do 10 times as much as a tablet......

you cant do 3d modelling on a tablet can you :)

doomgiver

Warframe
i mean have a decent processing power, not like 3d render and stuff :)
and have a bigger screen, and more memory.

no apple :mrgreen: thanks,

Since Desktop is out of the question for me now .

1. I want a laptop which can fill my games need . Fifa and FM .
2. A music device . Ipod . (Check)
3. A high end mobile phone .

sujoyp

Grand Master
Good discussion

I think tablet is a useless device and just a show off by the rich people:lol:

for me a 10" Netbook + a 3.2-3.7" Mobile+A descent desktop will do everything:)

or a high performing laptop + a 4" smartphone will also be good enough ;-)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
xtremevicky709 said:
Since Desktop is out of the question for me now .

1. I want a laptop which can fill my games need . Fifa and FM .
2. A music device . Ipod . (Check)
3. A high end mobile phone .
Yup. These are the requirements of most people.

Either, people want a desktop or a laptop or both. Very rarely people need a tab.

They are more like lifestyle products. People like to flaunt them. Show off. I agree with them, they do look good. Catch peoples attention. But functionality....I'm not fully sure

doomgiver

Warframe
the worst thing is the absence of a physical keyboard.

i wish for a tablet with a slide-out physical keyboard, it'll solve all problems

R2K

In the Zone
Laptops and desktops have there own user base
laptops are for people who need there computer with them no matter where they go.
While desktops are for ppl who prefer to work sitting in their office or in a specific place
Both have there own advantages and disadvantages
You just can't carry your bulky and power hungry desktops to your terace when you wanna work on your computer while enjoying some fresh air or use internet while watching a movie on your big screen TV placed in the main hall of your house. also not to mention the advantage having your pc with all your prefered softwares and valuable data around you even at your workplace or while flying abroad.
And it can't be denied that desktops are more preferable if you are looking more powerful machine to do tasks requiring massive processing power like HD video encoding and stuff...
So its just unfair to compare a desktop or tablet/laptop as they serve different userbase with different needs

The problem with me buying a table ( that i never will ) is Portability.

For gaming I have my laptop . For music on the go I have my ipod touch . Why would i want the Tablet for .

This is JUST my opinion . I would love to see poeple having different opinions.

Laptops and desktops have there own user base
laptops are for people who need there computer with them no matter where they go.
While desktops are for ppl who prefer to work sitting in their office or in a specific place
Both have there own advantages and disadvantages
You just can't carry your bulky and power hungry desktops to your terace when you wanna work on your computer while enjoying some fresh air or use internet while watching a movie on your big screen TV placed in the main hall of your house. also not to mention the advantage having your pc with all your prefered softwares and valuable data around you even at your workplace or while flying abroad.
And it can't be denied that desktops are more preferable if you are looking more powerful machine to do tasks requiring massive processing power like HD video encoding and stuff...
So its just unfair to compare a desktop or tablet/laptop as they serve different userbase with different needs

Very true . Another point is that some people work and not in there home towns . I can never buy a desktop here in bangalore and would of never bought a laptop if i had been working in Bhopal .

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
I have 3 laptops and 1 desktop in my home right now. All 3 laptops have over-heating problems. Needless to say I absolutely hate laptops. not that I hate the concept of laptops, laptops can be really good , but most laptops IMO completely suck.

R2K

In the Zone
The problem with me buying a table ( that i never will ) is Portability.

For gaming I have my laptop . For music on the go I have my ipod touch . Why would i want the Tablet for .

This is JUST my opinion . I would love to see poeple having different opinions.

Very true . Another point is that some people work and not in there home towns . I can never buy a desktop here in bangalore and would of never bought a laptop if i had been working in Bhopal .

^^
me too prefer laptops because of the fact that i work abroad and want to have my pc with me when i come back home for vacation:D

doomgiver

Warframe
you game on your laptop? let me guess.... mario and solitaire, right?
i've personally put off gaming for later because i cant afford a proper pc upgrade right now. you just cant game on a laptop, get a console instead.

I have 3 laptops and 1 desktop in my home right now. All 3 laptops have over-heating problems. Needless to say I absolutely hate laptops. not that I hate the concept of laptops, laptops can be really good , but most laptops IMO completely suck.

^^ omg, genius!!! this guy is completly right. my hp laptop gets so hot, you could cook your b@lls. thankfully, i use a cooler.

the concept is great, but the hardware sucks, too much heat, and and the really good ones are too heavy to carry around comfortably.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
doomgiver said:
you game on your laptop? let me guess.... mario and solitaire, right?
No

My friend has a HP laptop of round about 70k he bough around 15 months back

He still plays games like Call of Duty:Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops with absolutely everything (including AA) maxed out at a fps of atleast 25-30

Crysis 2 also doesnt bother it too much.

Why do you think lappys cant game?

tkin

Back to school!!
No

He still plays games like Call of Duty:Modern Warfare 2, Black Ops with absolutely everything (including AA) maxed out at a fps of atleast 25-30

The keyboard and display are connected making very awkward gaming position.

R2K

In the Zone
No

true...that was what even i was thinking......:grin:
if laptops can't game then laptop brands like alienware and Clevo would have already gone out of business

Top Bottom