Asus Z270 TUF Mark 2 -14000,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400Mhz -9000,
Corsair H100GTi CPU Cooler -7000,
Zotac GTX1060 6GB Amp -23000.
Total -82,000.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why are guys suggesting amd r7 cpus when they are getting beaten by 6th gen i5s in terms of gaming performance ?

Because they are almost equal to an octa-core i7-6900K and quad-core i5 will be outdated this year.

vito scalleta

In the zone
Because they are almost equal to an octa-core i7-6900K and quad-core i5 will be outdated this year.
But isnt op upgrading the system for gaming ?? So with respect to that the ryzen chips are incomparable to the intel counterparts that u mention.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
OP doesn't want to overclock.
OP wants the system for gaming, not super heavy multi-tasking, heavy load rendering or something like that. So please suggest according to OP's needs only. I saw suggestions for r7 1800x, i7 7700k etc. .... seriously?!

Processors like entire r7 series, i7 7700k, 6900k etc. are all overkill; specially if you keep graphics cards like 1060GTX with those, totally useless.
[MENTION=127762]A_ashish_A[/MENTION]: Pick any mediocre processor (like i5 6600 or AMD r5 series, I am not sure of exact models, but priced somewhere 15k) and try to put it atleast with 1080GTX (as you want 4K) card and you are good to go. Else, wait for Vega to release if you can, nobody has much idea about it till now and it surely can be a market changer.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
OP doesn't want to overclock.
OP wants the system for gaming, not super heavy multi-tasking, heavy load rendering or something like that. So please suggest according to OP's needs only. I saw suggestions for r7 1800x, i7 7700k etc. .... seriously?!

Processors like entire r7 series, i7 7700k, 6900k etc. are all overkill; specially if you keep graphics cards like 1060GTX with those, totally useless.
@A_ashish_A : Pick any mediocre processor (like i5 6600 or AMD r5 series, I am not sure of exact models, but priced somewhere 15k) and try to put it atleast with 1080GTX (as you want 4K) card and you are good to go. Else, wait for Vega to release if you can, nobody has much idea about it till now and it surely can be a market changer.

Budget -88K

Intel Core i5 6500 -15000,
Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H -8000,
Zotac GTX1080 8GB Amp -56000.
Total -88,000.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
Budget -88K

Intel Core i5 6500 -15000,
Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H -8000,
Zotac GTX1080 8GB Amp -56000.
Total -88,000.

I personally feel that this one is much better configuration as per current market, Thanks to [MENTION=105611]bssunilreddy[/MENTION]!

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
But isnt op upgrading the system for gaming ?? So with respect to that the ryzen chips are incomparable to the intel counterparts that u mention.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

1800X@4.0GHz vs 6600K@4.6GHz(cores are choking) - Album on Imgu

How long do you think a CPU that is already pushing 100% usage on games last for?

That's a 1800X @ 4 Ghz vs. i5-6600K @ 4.6 GHz.

I'd personally let OP wait for the 6-core Ryzen.

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
1800X@4.0GHz vs 6600K@4.6GHz(cores are choking) - Album on Imgu

How long do you think a CPU that is already pushing 100% usage on games last for?

That's a 1800X @ 4 Ghz vs. i5-6600K @ 4.6 GHz.

I'd personally let OP wait for the 6-core Ryzen.

Yes, you are right. Having more cores is future-proofing. But the budget should also be considered. 1800x costs around 40k alone, and the total budget is approx. 85k. In that budget, getting a mediocre processor + good graphics card is a better approach.
If OP can't wait, stick with i5. Otherwise definitely check out upcoming cheaper Ryzen options.

BTW those comparison screenshots are good, thanks for that!

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, you are right. Having more cores is future-proofing. But the budget should also be considered. 1800x costs around 40k alone, and the total budget is approx. 85k. In that budget, getting a mediocre processor + good graphics card is a better approach.
If OP can't wait, stick with i5. Otherwise definitely check out upcoming cheaper Ryzen options.

BTW those comparison screenshots are good, thanks for that!
We have the cheaper Ryzen 7 1700 and will have Ryzen 5 1600X in a week. ;)

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
We have the cheaper Ryzen 7 1700 and will have Ryzen 5 1600X in a week. ;)

That's too early! Damn, I hurried in buying the system for myself :( Bought i5 6600 system in December last year :(
I just gone through several articles, the 1600x is looking too good! :(

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's too early! Damn, I hurried in buying the system for myself :( Bought i5 6600 system in December last year :(
I just gone through several articles, the 1600x is looking too good! :(

You can still sell it off. People would still be willing to take i5-6600 for a very decent price.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
^^ and sell it before next year at max before those i5 prices tank , since intel is most likey going to make i3 full quad core next year ..it won't sell for more than 7-8k then

Last edited:

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
hehe, thanks for the suggestion guys.

Yes, It would have been better to wait in my case. But now as I've already bought it, I am not going to sell/buy again coz

1) it's not like that this CPU got outdated or something. Its performance is super good and I don't think its going to deteriorate much in the next 2-3 years (atleast), because of the simple fact that gaming companies are not going to just jump on developing games which only supports (or runs *much* better on 6/8 core cpu's) because the general configuration of consumers system is not going to change in a night, and so the companies can't afford to loose the major chunk of their market. Apart from very few tech enthusiasts, people do not generally keep on updating their systems (for atleast 4-5 years) and so, 4 core processors are still going to be a norm for the years to come. I'll update mine once the market has taken its sweet time to accept this technological progress as a norm.
2) I am not an enthusiast gamer. I don't want max. FPS at ultra all the time. The performance should be good, that's all.
3) I am a lazy a$$ to sell and start over it again :D

Top Bottom