desktop refusing to boot

sam1

Journeyman
hi everyone. today afternoon, while playing some songs, my pc got stuck (the same sound tone played briefly) and it stopped working. when i press the power button, the MoBo LEDs light up, the MoBo fans start, but the fan at the back of the cabby (connected to a fan power slot on the MoBo) does not start and also there is no display. seems like it's not getting into BIOS. i have tried changing the GPU, RAM, removed the CMOS battery, pulled out and plugged in the power cords on the MoBo, but no luck! any idea what might have gone wrong?

doomgiver

Warframe
how many ram sticks?

is the pc stuck in a loop? (like, is there any pattern to the fan's speed? slow-fast-slow-fast?)

if you have multiple ram sticks, plug them in one by one, in different slots. borrow some ram sticks from someone and recheck.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I Think I have doubt in your PSU . According to your signature , it is a Cooler Master One . It may have Blown .

the PSU OP has is a pretty decent nme even if it's made by CM and post probably Op's mobo gone kaput - if it's in warranty time to RMA or else Op needs to get a new mobo.

doomgiver

Warframe
to add on what TopGear said, Silent Pro psu series is not the regular CM crap. it is their top end line. i'd willingly put one in my PC, if i could find one within my budget.

for CM, best stay away from eXtreme power and GX series. not very trustworthy, and barely better than the local iball, zebronics psu. (tho GX series is ok)

silent pro and real power are the only 2 products of their psu range you should really buy.

anyway, if the psu had died, then nothing would have worked. this is why we here at digit INSIST on putting high quality psu's in our rigs (think of it as a bullet proof vest. sure, it costs $$$$, but it saves your life which is >>>> ($/0) )

Top Bottom