Desktop n Laptop Connecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeetumg

Right off the assembly line
I have a P3 Desktop and recently bought an HP Laptop dv 2122tu. I have got cable net on my desktop. However, when I tried to connect that cord to my laptop, I am unable to connect to that net. The cable provider says that I ll have to go in for a new connection as one IP Address cannot be used in both. I want to use the net in both, depending on my use. Is there any way that this problem can be solved? Can I connect my laptop to the desktop and through that connect to the net?

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Post your IP configuration here
If you are using Static IP, then you can use only one Comp @ a time

47shailesh

Security Exp
ANSWER ONE>>>>

Dude get CCPROXY installed in ur laptop.. its very handy to conf it..

get a IP to ur laptop having same n/w id sa that of ur desktop..

Browse freely then.. ask quries if i m not clear..

assign same IP to LAPPY as that of desktop..

then in ur destop pc go to device manager then in network adatpter get the MAC address of ur adapter..note it down...

download "AMAC" tool and install in ur laptop.. and change the MAC address of ur LAPPY network card to same as that of desktop..

now surf from ur laptop..

But using my first answer u will be able to surf on both the PC @ same time but @ compromissed speed due to sharing...

Last edited:
OP
jeetumg

jeetumg

Right off the assembly line
47shailesh said:
ANSWER ONE>>>>

Dude get CCPROXY installed in ur laptop.. its very handy to conf it..

get a IP to ur laptop having same n/w id sa that of ur desktop..

Browse freely then.. ask quries if i m not clear..

assign same IP to LAPPY as that of desktop..

then in ur destop pc go to device manager then in network adatpter get the MAC address of ur adapter..note it down...

download "AMAC" tool and install in ur laptop.. and change the MAC address of ur LAPPY network card to same as that of desktop..

now surf from ur laptop..

But using my first answer u will be able to surf on both the PC @ same time but @ compromissed speed due to sharing...

Hmm..sure will try that..thanks dude!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom