desktop icon problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

goobimama

 Macboy
I have a problem with those desktop icons. They have a background colour kind of thing. I don't know how to make them transparent and stuff. Looks really ugly. Please tell me how to make those icons transparent, or more specifically, the text under the icon's to have a transparent nature.

Here is the image of one of the icons: *www.rollaword.com/desktop.jpg

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Just make the background color and icon color (that extra stuff) same..., now it looks more proper...

Between i had this problem and did this thing and now it looks ok, but not proper..., me too waiting for members to reply.

Btw, miland, u r a great FF fan than i am :)

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
If you're using Windows XP, right click My Computer select Advanced and click Settings in the Performance section. Turn on the Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop option, and click Ok. If you're using Windows 2000, get the Transparent utility and if you're using Windows 9x/ME, get the Disappear utility. (You'll need VB40032.DLL (381 kb) if you don't already have it.)

You can also use MicroAngelo's v5.5 or later and enable the "On Display" feature.

drgrudge

No ennomai, i did the thing for windows xp and still the shadow is showing up...

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
i will post the screenshot of my friend's pc (winxp) who has the transparent icons that I am talking about.

And dr. grudge, you have serious competetion when it comes to who is a bigger fan of firefox ;)

Milind

cool_techie

Broken In
Check if u have locked web items on desktop
....rightclick on desktop ...in teh arrangge icons by link uncheck "lock web items on desktop"

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
doesn't work still....

question@cool_techkie: Are the icons on your desktop having a transparent font? Also, are you using sp2?

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
*reviews.cnet.com/5208-6142-0.html?forumID=5&threadID=61840&messageID=735664

try above step and previous one listed in the thread

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
woohooo! Thanks a lot Klinux. That post really helped. So the solution is: Just right click the desktop, properties> then click the desktop tab> Click the customise desktop button> click the web tab> and then you will have to make sure that no web page in that box thing is checked. Also, make sure the lock desktop items is unchecked. That's it!

Here's my final image:

*www.rollaword.com/desktop2.jpg

Another problem! How do I change the colour of the desktop icon font? Now the font is a bit too white and stuff...anyone?

drgrudge

Thanks to klinux for helping us and miland for he mensioned again, so i dont have to see the link in there... :p

goobimama said:
How do I change the colour of the desktop icon font?
1. Right click the desktop
2.Click the Appearance tab, and then click Advanced.
3.Under Font the font thing there and u can change the color of the same...

goobimama said:
...wait a minute...how did you know my name, dr?
Hmm, i am in here for a long time and i have seen ur post, and u have posted ur name alone with it... :wink:

Anyway, doctor has a lot of sources, where he can come to know...Secret spying work as well... :D

N

nipun_the_gr8

For Windows XP, just do this:

1.) Right-Click on "My Computer" and Select "Properties".
(TIP: You may just hit Windows Key + Pause/Break)

2.) Click on the "Advanced" Tab.

3.) Click on "Settings" under "Performance".

4.) Under "Visual Effects" check the option "Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop" (2nd Last Option).

OP
goobimama

goobimama

 Macboy
dr, there isn't anything under the appearance tab for changing the font. seriously. If you have the same, please share with detailed explanations.....

drgrudge

miland, just see below that, there is a option and drop down list for fonts as well....

Aseem Nasnodkar

In the zone
SUJ_ENGICO. Style XP just hoggs on the system........as u do on this FORUM!

And thats not the soln to the prob. The soln is already up.

SICK OF PEOPLE LIKE U!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom