Desktop for office use

ece2k2

Broken In
Hi,

I am looking to buy a couple of desktop PCs for my office. I have decided to stick to the basic (read cheap) AMD Dual Core computer - since the machine is going to be used for just MS Office, Internet/Emails and Tally. But the machine should be robust and should be able to withstand pretty rough usage.

But I am confused whether I should buy the HP Compaq branded desktop (AMD Athlon II X2 260, Pegatron make M2N68-LA motherboard, 1 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD, DVD drive, keyboard & mouse) for Rs.12300 or to go for an assembled system.

Please advice.

Thanks!

d3p

PowerHouse
Read This Thread Starting Tips first.

Click Here

& Then copy the content of the below link & fill up the requirements.

Click Here

OP
E

ece2k2

Broken In
Hi,

I have posted my requirements below:

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Generic answers will not work. Be exact and avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Office use. MS Office and Tally

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Rs.12000 (excluding monitor) per system

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: MS Windows XP

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 320 GB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I have a 17" widescreen monitor (Dell)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Just a basic computer system would do - including the DVD drive and a UPS

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Immediately

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I haven't built a desktop before. Not sure whether I need to go for a assembled system or to choose a Compaq Presario desktop

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Coimbatore. I am open to buying stuff from online shops or from local stores.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I have almost decided to go for AMD Dual core processor based system. Not sure whether to choose an assembled system or to go in for a Compaq Presario Desktop PC for Rs.12300 from EBAY (Compaq PC spec: AMD Athlon II X2 260, Pegatron make M2N68-LA motherboard, 1 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD, DVD drive, keyboard & mouse). I am basically looking for a basic system that can withstand heavy usage.

Thanks!

Cilus

laborare est orare
Right now the price of HDDs are sky high due to the low production rate. So 320 GB HDD is gonna cost you close to 4K. So my suggestion is to stick with 250 GB HDD for now.

AMD Athlon II X2 260 @ 3.3K
GIGABYTE GA-M68MT-S2P @ 2.25K
Corsair 2 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Ram @ 0.6K
Seagate/WD Blue 250 GB HDD @ 3.5K
Intex/Frontech Cabinet with 450W Generic SMPS @ 1K
Logitech MK100 Keyboard & Mouse @ 0.5K
LG 22X SATA DVD Writer @ 0.9K

Total 12.05K

OP
E

ece2k2

Broken In
Right now the price of HDDs are sky high due to the low production rate. So 320 GB HDD is gonna cost you close to 4K. So my suggestion is to stick with 250 GB HDD for now.

AMD Athlon II X2 260 @ 3.3K
GIGABYTE GA-M68MT-S2P @ 2.25K
Corsair 2 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 Ram @ 0.6K
Seagate/WD Blue 250 GB HDD @ 3.5K
Intex/Frontech Cabinet with 450W Generic SMPS @ 1K
Logitech MK100 Keyboard & Mouse @ 0.5K
LG 22X SATA DVD Writer @ 0.9K

Total 12.05K

Thanks for the suggestion. But I am still not sure why should I go for an assembled PC @ 12.05K when I get a Compaq PC for 12.3k - is the quality of Compaq Presario Home PCs that bad? Please advice.

By the way, I am looking at this Compaq PC - *www.ebay.in/itm/New-HP-Compaq-CQ35...0652794?pt=IN_Desktop_PCs&hash=item3cc0adca7a

Neuron

Electronic.
Thanks for the suggestion. But I am still not sure why should I go for an assembled PC @ 12.05K when I get a Compaq PC for 12.3k - is the quality of Compaq Presario Home PCs that bad? Please advice.

By the way, I am looking at this Compaq PC - New HP Compaq CQ3510 IX AMD Dual Core Desktop PC National Warranty Laptop Killer | eBay

Only 1GB of RAM.If you want to use Windows 7 you should invest in a PC with atleast 2GB of RAM to get decent performance.

Top Bottom