dell pc restore

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by amit dutt, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amit dutt

amit dutt New Member

hi all !
    my system crashed with blue screen-restart loop ! so i tried system restore [didn't work], dell factory restore [didn't work], finally i formated c: and performed clean install, later i found out the problem was graphics card [which is solved after cleaning it thoroughly and reinstalling].

so now my problem is i lost the option of dell factory image restore which used to came up after pressing F8. i think it is because i formattted c:
    but the another partition called "E:RECOVERY" is untouched since i purchaed the computer. it contains the complete file structure as original DELL used to have. also there is file "factory.wim" [E:\DELL\IMAGE\factory.wim] can anybody tell how to deploy this file? i know dell factory restore utility uses this factory.wim file to restore the pc. is there any way to make it work !

thanks in advance.

2. Gauravs90

Gauravs90 geek........

check in computer manual, there must be steps to how to restore os or call the dell hotline.

3. evewin89

evewin89 New Member

don't worry abt. that factory restore tool. i have dell inspiron 1525 which comes with vista. later i formatted my lappy and installed win7 and XP coz for me vista sucks.most of the time these tools proves to be a waste of disk space. when any problems arises these tools fails to restore the p.c. make back up of ur data's in some other medium. eg. dvd. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.