DELL - not customizable in showroom ??

prds359

Broken In
went to dell's showroom yesterday at Kolkata to buy 15R SE (the i7 one). they said it's not available here yet & it'll take a month or so to be available here! i asked about the "customizing facility" that dell's website offers. They said it's not possible if i buy the laptop from the showroom itself, i have to buy online! now am thinking, why can't they customize a laptop if i buy it from showroom when they can customize it if I purchase online? like i want to add "backlit keyboard" & "blueRay support" which is optional in the 15R SE (pls correct me if am wrong) :-(

Last edited:
Go to Authorised Dell Store,they will customise ur laptop according to website.I bought my XPS 15 from Dell Showroom and made a lot of customization according to their website.Make sure u went to Original Dell Store not a reseller.

terrafield

Broken In
In Dell website, I could not see any option to customize hardware. All I get is option to upgrade MS Office, Warranty and other accessories. Unable to see any option to upgrade RAM, Hard disk etc. I tried with other models as well (XPS, Inspiron R etc).

Is Dell not providing hardware customization nowadays?

I'm really sorry to repeat the same post in another thread

OP
prds359

prds359

Broken In
Go to Authorised Dell Store,they will customise ur laptop according to website.Make sure u went to Original Dell Store not a reseller.

thank you for replying. I went to the authorized dell showroom itself. Even brought their official card as they said they will inform me when the model will be available. but that's not the point, why did they say that it's not customizable? u r from Punjab, is it possible that the showroom policy is different than Kolkata there?

In Dell website, I could not see any option to customize hardware. All I get is option to upgrade MS Office, Warranty and other accessories. Unable to see any option to upgrade RAM, Hard disk etc. I tried with other models as well (XPS, Inspiron R etc).

Is Dell not providing hardware customization nowadays?

not RAM, HDD but it's possible to customize keyboard option from the website, u may have missed it, please check this link *configure.ap.dell.com/dellstore/co...nspiron-15r-se-7520&c=in&l=en&s=dhs&cs=indhs1 , besides that, the above person, siddharth.saiyan343, also says that he customized his laptop from dell's showroom, then what's different in Kolkata?

Last edited:
As there is no option for upgrading RAM,HDD on website then its not possible but prds359 is asking to upgrade chicklet keyboard to backlit keyboard which is available on their website.
@prds359-You should talk to the agent about dis matter and tell him to confirm this with their manager.AFAIK Dell showroom runs parallel with their website.The procedure is that after placing the order from dell showroom they contact the main office which runs the website they just tell them about the order.The rest work is done in office and factory.So if they make ur laptop and they say thay have backlit on website then no one can tell u this u cant have backlit keyboard:cool::cool:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
This is what Dell India via FB:
Customization is offered in stores as well as online. The store would send your configuration details to Dell and the order will be processed accordingly. If you need help with this, let me know.

-Tulsi
does dell offer... | Facebook

OP
prds359

prds359

Broken In
@prds359-You should talk to the agent about dis matter and tell him to confirm this with their manager.AFAIK Dell showroom runs parallel with their website.The procedure is that after placing the order from dell showroom they contact the main office which runs the website they just tell them about the order.The rest work is done in office and factory.So if they make ur laptop and they say thay have backlit on website then no one can tell u this u cant have backlit keyboard:cool::cool:

thanks for the information. will contact them right now :)

This is what Dell India via FB:

does dell offer... | Facebook

thanks a lot for the link. it's helpful 4 me :)

rider

as Kratos
Make sure customize dell model comes from singapore, they ruin if it get customize in india

rider

as Kratos
when inspiron SE were just arrived in india they were importing from singapore with desired configuration of user, ask dell india they still doing or not?

OP
prds359

prds359

Broken In
when inspiron SE were just arrived in india they were importing from singapore with desired configuration of user, ask dell india they still doing or not?

How am I suppose to contact them, through their above given fb page? I dnt have access to pc now & my phone browser isn't opening dell's website

Anurup

Broken In
went to dell's showroom yesterday at Kolkata to buy 15R SE (the i7 one). they said it's not available here yet & it'll take a month or so to be available here! i asked about the "customizing facility" that dell's website offers. They said it's not possible if i buy the laptop from the showroom itself, i have to buy online! now am thinking, why can't they customize a laptop if i buy it from showroom when they can customize it if I purchase online? like i want to add "backlit keyboard" & "blueRay support" which is optional in the 15R SE (pls correct me if am wrong) :-(

I went to the kakurgachi DELL store and they said that the SE 15R model will be available by the end of this month. They also said that the blue-ray option is not available!!!:cry: RAM can be at max upgraded to 8GB(better to upgrade urself):wink:, and backlit keyboard is also available.:))

I too am looking forward to buying the inspiron model ....but am confused b/w the normal and the SE model.
I will be using the laptop mainly for programming(may use MATLAB,GIMP,Fireworks),light gaming(FIFA 12,NFS Carbon/MW,CS Source) and movies (ocassionally). Is it worth paying an extra 5-6k for the SE model :?::confused: Also should i go for the i5 model or the i
Also can any one pls tell me is it wort getting the extended warrenty ...2yrs for 5k and 3yrs for 9k both covers accidental damage protection and premium phone support. Its my first time buying a laptop so any help will be gr8ly appreciated:)

OP
prds359

prds359

Broken In
I went to the kakurgachi DELL store and they said that the SE 15R model will be available by the end of this month. They also said that the blue-ray option is not available!! :cry: , and backlit keyboard is also available.:))

I too am looking forward to buying the inspiron model..

Also can any one pls tell me is it wort getting the extended warrenty

Hey mate, I also went to d Kankurgachhi store & yeah they said the same thing to me but neglected the thing that keyboard option is changable!
For ur warrenty querry, I think it depends on the user's usage. If u think it'l be used heavily then u can extend the time as a chance of internal damage remains, otherwise it's a total waste of money, I think.

Last edited:

Anurup

Broken In
@prds359
mate i call the dell store today ...and i m disappointed to inform that the upgrade offer from win 7 to win 8 pro for Rs. 699 is still not available in kolkata....also they r now saying that the 15r se will not hv backlit option :'(
I am thinking of spending a few xtra bucks and buy the mac book pro....13"
Just want to know if the intel hd 4000 is enough to play latest games like FIFA 13 , NFS: The Run...????

iChaitanya

Journeyman
i m disappointed to inform that the upgrade offer from win 7 to win 8 pro for Rs. 699 is still not available in kolkata
:|

It's not an offer from Dell. It's an offer from Microsoft. Dell has nothing to do with it. It's a worldwide offer.

Buy your Windows 7 laptop and register here - *windowsupgradeoffer.com/en-US/

Top Bottom