Dell Laptop purchase + your opinions

Which laptop would you buy or already have bought??

• Compaq

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ibm

• Fujitsu

• Toshiba

• Sony Vaio

• All other (ACi, Msi, Zenith, etc)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sumitava_b

In the zone
rohanbee said:
Octroi is dependenant on the state that you live in,some states do not charge octroi while some do....
Well the xp is the original re-installation cd that comes with your laptop...

Well, I wanted to know the states where octroi tax will be applicable. Like If I am ordering it from tamilnadu or west bengal (ya, I have two options :p ) then do I have to pay that tax? I searched in the net too, but everything is indicating to octroi tax in mumbai.....

However, is there any difference between in installation CD and re-installation CD?

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
@sumitava_b: Why don't you call up and ask Dell for a Quotation with all taxes and Octroi included? Also, the discs that come with branded PCs are always called re-installation discs because Windows is already installed :lol:
You can use the disc to re-install Windows in case you have to do it to fix a problem. The good thing is that you won't have to go through the process of activating your OS each time you re-install. ;)

Also, these discs will be customized according to what Dell wants to put in it which is why sometimes you cannot use these discs to install Windows on a computer other than your own.

sumitava_b

In the zone
Thanx for ur info, Nemesis. But it is very much advisable to clean the disc after getting the lappie from dell as they clutter the OS with many useless s/w and then install OS refreshed. Thats why I was asking for an installation CD.

And about dell quotation, I have already put a request online. I am waiting for the reply. But as I am having two options of places I just wanted to know from where it wud be better to order to save some tax. I was not keen to submit two separate request to dell mentioning two different addresses. That's it.....

super_i_man

Broken In
since I had posted queries in this forum I thought I should inform you all that I finally setteled for an IBM R51 LQ3 Centrino 1.5, WiFi, 40 GB, 256 ram etc. for rs 52000 in mumbai.
Well in IBM there is an option to burn recovery CDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom