Dell Inspiron 1520 Gaming Laptop!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadlyvenom

Broken In
With the 1730 gaming laptops around the corner, I've decided to sell my sparingly used Dell Inspiron 1520 gaming and entertainment laptop for a bargain.
Its a great machine for entertainment and gaming on the move.I could run games like Crysis (medium to high settings), Unreal Tournament 3 (all high settings), Assassins Creed (all high except shadows) and Gears of War (all high) without any lags or problems.Demo will be available.
I bought it from Malaysia last November.That means its hardly too old to be called second hand junk!Its as good as new, handled like a baby and sparingly used.
It consists of the following.
Intel Core2Duo T7300 Processor @ 2.0 Ghz, 4MB L2 cache, 800 Mhz FSB (This processor is no more available with DELL 1520 Laptops.All u can get is the T7250 Processor which has only 2 MB cache)
2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SD RAM @ 667 Mhz
160 GB Sata Hard Drive
15.4'' Widescreen WXGA+ TFT Display with TrueLife (1440 x 900 resolution)
8X Internal DVD Writer With Dual Layer Write Capability.
Now the main thing that makes this laptop better than the rest
nvidia Geforce 8600 GT with 512MB DDR2 Dedicated memory (Note that dell doesn't make the 512 mb version of this card anymore, all u can get now is the 256mb version)
9 Cell Battery (Almost 5 hours backup on the powersaver mode)
Color is Espresso Brown
And the normal stuff like wi-fi, bluetooth, accessories like charger,cds,cables and genuine DELL carrying case which alone would cost you around 3000
Check the price of this system online at www.dell.co.in before commenting, also add 4-5 k as taxes to the final price coz u have to pay those if you're buying stuff from DELL.
Around 8 months of the onsite warranty still valid.
My asking price is 55k (Slightly and Realistically Negotiable)
Regards.

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
has the seller gone crazy... 55K for a second hand 1520 , u can get a brand new 1720 inspiron for 55 K .... chk prices @ *www.dell.co.in

one thing this guy forgot was that the Newer DellBooks come with 256 mb DDR3 ram, while his Book has DDR2 ram. So the former will be faster. Besides, 8600GT does not even use the entire 512 mb, unless you are playing at very high resolutions. And an 8600M GT can't run crysis at medium to full unless you play at 640x480.

OP
D

deadlyvenom

Broken In
I appreciate your love and concern for others,but a 1720 with t7250 proccy costs 62K after taxes and delivery charges.This system comes with a 9 cell battery and a t7300 proccy with a 4mb cache unlike that base system that you mentioned at 55k.However, comparing a 1720 with a 1520 isn't a very smart thing to do here.A 1520 costs more anyway coz its more compact than a 1720.However, the price of a brand new 1520 with the same config mentioned above (except that the new system comes with a t5450 processor) is 56k.To this add around 5k more coz the system in question here comes with a t7300 processor (google for the difference between a t5450 and a t7300).That means around 61k for a brand new 1520.I said 50k "negotiable".I can't get more realistic than this coz the system is not more than 4 months old.it still has 8 months of next business day on-site warranty.Obviously i'm gonna expect a fair price for it.a smart dude mentioned 1720 here but lets ignore that.another smart dude said a rather humiliating thing about an 8600m gt 512mb not being able to run crysis at any resolution more than 640*480.that's gonna be for the buyer to see.i'm not gonna prove anything to the wannabe wise owls here.those who are wise, they know what to buy and at what price.
cheers.

Pathik

Google Bot
I appreciate your love and concern for others,but a 1720 with t7250 proccy costs 62K after taxes and delivery charges.This system comes with a 9 cell battery and a t7300 proccy with a 4mb cache unlike that base system that you mentioned at 55k.However, comparing a 1720 with a 1520 isn't a very smart thing to do here.A 1520 costs more anyway coz its more compact than a 1720.However, the price of a brand new 1520 with the same config mentioned above (except that the new system comes with a t5450 processor) is 56k.To this add around 5k more coz the system in question here comes with a t7300 processor (google for the difference between a t5450 and a t7300).That means around 61k for a brand new 1520.I said 50k "negotiable".I can't get more realistic than this coz the system is not more than 4 months old.it still has 8 months of next business day on-site warranty.Obviously i'm gonna expect a fair price for it.a smart dude mentioned 1720 here but lets ignore that.another smart dude said a rather humiliating thing about an 8600m gt 512mb not being able to run crysis at any resolution more than 640*480.that's gonna be for the buyer to see.i'm not gonna prove anything to the wannabe wise owls here.those who are wise, they know what to buy and at what price.
cheers.
No dude, It doesn't. 14.1" and 15.4" are standard sizes. Any deviation from it causes an increase in prize.
Also a XPS 1530 fully loaded with a t8100 comes at 62k.

No dude, It doesn't. 14.1" and 15.4" are standard sizes. Any deviation from it causes an increase in prize.
Also a XPS 1530 fully loaded with a t8100 comes at 62k.
+1.

And the XPS 1530 you are talking about comes at 62k when customised on the dell website, but if you bargain a bit, you can make it 55k too.

Finally, a "Gaming Book" comes with atleast 8700m GT. not 8600m GT. Its just too weak.

OP
D

deadlyvenom

Broken In
ah!i never knew you could bargain with people at DELL!!lol..keep it up!its like walking into a rbk or nike store and bargaining for a pair of shoes or asking them to waive off the taxes completely!btw, before you quote prices of the brand new systems, please bother to go to the next page to get the final price with taxes.that fully loaded system costs approx 67k after taxes.but if you're talking about bargaining, then i'm talking to some very learned people here!i said 50k negotiable.who knows, the right buyer could get it for a much lesser price than what i mentioned!about crysis, i never claimed in the first place that it could run at all high settings.i said "medium to high" at a resolution of 1024*768 with a framerate of 25+.that's playable i presume.
check out what these people have to say, they own 8600m gt's
*forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=191815
mods may now close this thread!the system will find better informed buyers, elsewhere of course.

ah!i never knew you could bargain with people at DELL!!lol..keep it up!its like walking into a rbk or nike store and bargaining for a pair of shoes or asking them to waive off the taxes completely!btw, before you quote prices of the brand new systems, please bother to go to the next page to get the final price with taxes.that fully loaded system costs approx 67k after taxes.but if you're talking about bargaining, then i'm talking to some very learned people here!i said 50k negotiable.who knows, the right buyer could get it for a much lesser price than what i mentioned!about crysis, i never claimed in the first place that it could run at all high settings.i said "medium to high" at a resolution of 1024*768 with a framerate of 25+.that's playable i presume.
check out what these people have to say, they own 8600m gt's
*forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=191815
mods may now close this thread!the system will find better informed buyers, elsewhere of course.
how ignorant can you be ?
its definitely possible to bargain with the dell people over phone while making orders.
lots of people do.
and they generally knock off the taxes on the laptop as a part of the bargain.
several guys here can confirm it.
as for the system finding better informed buyers, good luck with cheating people.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
You have good configuration laptop...and you may have paid good price for this. But recently Dell laptop's price has decreased by long margin in India.

I myself recall that 1520 default configuration was of 44k on diwali, and now it is of 37k.

So, good idea will be decrease your selling price according to current price.

It was just suggestion..........

OP
D

deadlyvenom

Broken In
that's why i said keep it up dude!u r so smart!yeah i'll go ahead and cheat someone who is not as smart as u r.coz to me you don't look like u could afford a p1 system with dos.knock off taxes huh?that's what a low class person like u could possibly ask for.this is why india struggles to move on, coz we got plenty of tax evading worms like u.have u tried playing mario?dude crysis is a long way to go.accept it and go back to your kennel.i'm out of here.i wasn't here to cheat people in the first place.i put up an offer, and i made the right claims about it all along.i wasn't misrepresenting any facts, i wasn't forcing people to buy it.the right people know what its worth and they will make an offer.i never said u gotta buy this now for 50k u won't find a better offer etc etc.this is a second hand section dude.i made my offer.and i expect people to do the same,ethically.u got no rights to bash my thread.i hope u got that mr.muddle head.

37k huh for the same config?lol.why don't u come to my place.i'll give u the lappy + cash for the inconvenience caused to u + your transport charges + cash for holi + a great meal + the laptop gift wrapped for u + a free ride home.
how does that sound?

Last edited:

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
37k huh for the same config?lol.why don't u come to my place.i'll give u the lappy + cash for the inconvenience caused to u + your transport charges + cash for holi + a great meal + the laptop gift wrapped for u + a free ride home.
how does that sound?
I said the default configuration of Dell 1520 at time of diwali.. which is now default configuration of Dell 1525.

I know, you have better configuration than default configuration....... so you can have little more price.

Please dont target me with your words...... It was just suggestion, I dont want to get into your selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom