Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

saaransh9

Journeyman
well, that seems to perfectly fit my case..
as i got this error after 2 days of BIOS update, searched the internet, and found 3 possible culprits:
1. Either the pin of the charger is not properly seating to the jack, so either replace the charger or mobo..
2. Either any capacitor or part of mobo is broken, in this case replace mobo, but this might not be the case with me, as it's automatically fixed both times, if mobo had failed, then the problem must have been permanent.
3. Either a stupid BIOS update is conflicting with the charger settings, this was the case many people faced, after BIOS update, system would sometimes refuse to accept the charger, this probably seems to be my case..

So anybody who has updated to A09, do post that if you have faced this problem or not???
Also after BIOS update A09, my wifi sometimes disconnects and reconnects, but this happens rarely, hardly once for a second or two in 2-3days..

i m using a09 but not any such issue

sam142000

Journeyman
well, that seems to perfectly fit my case..
as i got this error after 2 days of BIOS update, searched the internet, and found 3 possible culprits:
1. Either the pin of the charger is not properly seating to the jack, so either replace the charger or mobo..
2. Either any capacitor or part of mobo is broken, in this case replace mobo, but this might not be the case with me, as it's automatically fixed both times, if mobo had failed, then the problem must have been permanent.
3. Either a stupid BIOS update is conflicting with the charger settings, this was the case many people faced, after BIOS update, system would sometimes refuse to accept the charger, this probably seems to be my case..

So anybody who has updated to A09, do post that if you have faced this problem or not???
Also after BIOS update A09, my wifi sometimes disconnects and reconnects, but this happens rarely, hardly once for a second or two in 2-3days..

I too have A09 BIOS, but I dont face any such problem.

darkslayer

Broken In
guys i've bought dell inspiron 15R i5, 4gb, 500gb, win 8 n 1gb graphic card
Dell Inspiron 15 (3rd Gen Core i5 - 3210M - 4GB - 500GB - 15.6'' - Windows 8) Laptop . Buy Best Dell Inspiron 15 (3rd Gen Core i5 - 3210M - 4GB - 500GB - 15.6'' - Windows 8) Laptop at Lowest Price Online
it costed me 38999 in their homeshop18 superdeals
is it a good deal?? could i've got some better deal than this?
and they're not providing bagpack wid this
guys please tell, i'm confused, did i make a wrong choice purchasing from homeshop18??

kickfury

Broken In
Some of the Dell 14R and 15R models come with 4GB RAM. Has anyone tried upgrading this to 8GB? If yes, whats the approx cost of the additional 4GB RAM module? Should I purchase it from Dell or buy it through another reseller like Flipkart?

swordfish

Somebody stop me...
^^ for 4gb you can buy G.Skill DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (F3-12800CL11S-4GBSQ) - G.Skill: Flipkart.com from flipkart at 1600..

Guys, can anyone tell G.Skill SQ DDR3 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) Laptop RAM (F3-1600C11S-8GSQ) - G.Skill: Flipkart.com 8gb ram from flipkart is compatible? I am not sure about the latency thing

ratul

█████████████████
Guys, can anyone tell G.Skill SQ DDR3 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) Laptop RAM (F3-1600C11S-8GSQ) - G.Skill: Flipkart.com 8gb ram from flipkart is compatible? I am not sure about the latency thing

yes, the latency is same, so i think this should be compatible..

@ Ratul
I then advise you to redownload the bios,install it...If the issue continues,better roll back to previous bios

ok, re-installed the bios, let's see what happens.. :pray:
and how to downgrade it??? is it like just install the bios, or some other procedure is followed, as i have heard that it's difficult to downgrade the bios.. :?

kickfury

Broken In
Has anyone with Dell technical support if installing additional RAM will void the warranty? I tried getting in touch with Dell customer care, but as I haven't purchased a system yet, they wouldn't give me a concrete answer. one representative told me that depending on the model and if that part is a CRU (customer replaceable unit), the warranty won't be void.

ratul

█████████████████
Has anyone with Dell technical support if installing additional RAM will void the warranty? I tried getting in touch with Dell customer care, but as I haven't purchased a system yet, they wouldn't give me a concrete answer. one representative told me that depending on the model and if that part is a CRU (customer replaceable unit), the warranty won't be void.

until you don't physically damage the laptop doing this, adding RAM does'nt void warranty..

ratul

█████████████████
hey guys, some new drivers are available to download from here: Drivers & Downloads | Dell India

wi-fi driver especially now has been improved, earlier i used to get =4ms ping to the gateway, now it's =1ms or =2ms..

sam142000

Journeyman
hey guys, some new drivers are available to download from here: Drivers & Downloads | Dell India

wi-fi driver especially now has been improved, earlier i used to get =4ms ping to the gateway, now it's =1ms or =2ms..

Dude, there's no wifi driver in there. There is only quick set, and card reader and touchpad drivers.

nandu26

In the zone
I wonder what happened to Inspiron 15R. I contacted dell sales rep and they advised me to buy turbo. I think they are making changes to dell 15r config

ratul

█████████████████
Dude, there's no wifi driver in there. There is only quick set, and card reader and touchpad drivers.

i think you must be downloading for windows 7...
wifi driver has been updated for windows 8... :p
*i.imgur.com/fthZk.jpg..

I wonder what happened to Inspiron 15R. I contacted dell sales rep and they advised me to buy turbo. I think they are making changes to dell 15r config

might be, or they could be out of stock.. :?

kickfury

Broken In

same here, I think they want to push out all the remaining inventory before introducing new models. It sucks that I cant get the laptop that I want. Have started looking at other models mainly because of this.

darkslayer

Broken In
guys please help urgent:
i've bought Dell Inspiron 15R 3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph from homeshop18.com from their superdeals
today it got delivered, the piece seems fresh.
however, there's a problem, when i played some songs, the sound seems less in the left speaker compared to right
can this be a hardware issue?
or it might be windows 8 audio drivers problem?
what should i do to get this rectified?

Gtb93

In the zone
Try reinstalling the drivers first, check volume settings for proper mid-balance.
If still it persists, then there's some problem that you should refer to CC for.

ratul

█████████████████
guys please help urgent:
i've bought Dell Inspiron 15R 3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 1GB Graph from homeshop18.com from their superdeals
today it got delivered, the piece seems fresh.
however, there's a problem, when i played some songs, the sound seems less in the left speaker compared to right
can this be a hardware issue?
or it might be windows 8 audio drivers problem?
what should i do to get this rectified?

is the sound too low or difference is very minute, one of the members a long time ago pointed out a slightly less volume in his inspiron too, i did'nt noticed it on my lappy, but he said difference is minute...

darkslayer

Broken In
is the sound too low or difference is very minute, one of the members a long time ago pointed out a slightly less volume in his inspiron too, i did'nt noticed it on my lappy, but he said difference is minute...

difference is minute, but its noticeable.
i tried reinstalling latest drivers for windows 8 but the problem is still there
even i'm disheartened to know, one of my friend told me, even if u will take this to dell service center, they wont entertain for such small issue, they would probably say, "sir, both speakers r working, there's no problem"
can this be windows 8 problem? i'll be switching over to windows 7 in a day or 2

Top Bottom