Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

Jakes

Broken In
can anyone answer this, I have searched all over some say it would look better and the others say it will look worse.
Dell inspiron 15r turbo
would games at 1366x768 on a 1920x1080 screen look worse than a 1366x768 screen on native resolution?[/B]
or
would games at 1366x768 resolution on a 1920x1080 screen look worse than playing games on 1366x768 screen on 1366x768 resolution?

Last edited:

josin

In the zone
i received my 4 GB g-skill ram yesterday, with in a minute i opened my lap and installed the ram to the second slot.Every thing went well. But i was shocked to realize that the ram is not recognized by my lap. I opened it again and removed the new ram and installed the dell ram in the second slot.....lap failed to boot even to bios..two beep sounds( means no ram detected) oops...2nd slot is a failure....then i tested the G-Skill one by inserting it to the slot 0..it worked fine. I wasted no time called the dell guy and showed the two beeps sound to him...he too was quick and registered the complaint, after an hour the local dell service manager called me and promised me that my lap's MOBo will get replaced with in 24 hrs...keeping my fingers crossed...

so guys if your lap's second slot is empty check it asap....

EDIT: Problem solved by dell service guy. It was not the problem of the motherboard but a small paper piece caused all this trouble..it was hiding inside the Ram slot:oops: Well I think there is no parallel to dell service, they were in my Home within 24hr and they actually came with a fresh piece of Mobo....they are just superb...:cool:

Last edited:

ratul

█████████████████
can anyone answer this, I have searched all over some say it would look better and the others say it will look worse.
Dell inspiron 15r turbo
would games at 1366x768 on a 1920x1080 screen look worse than a 1366x768 screen on native resolution?[/B]
or
would games at 1366x768 resolution on a 1920x1080 screen look worse than playing games on 1366x768 screen on 1366x768 resolution?

Yes, they might look slightly pixelated, but it's certainly not that much noticable according to me..
playing @ native resolutions always have their benefits, but playing @ 768p on 1080p could'nt look that bad, but it might look bad against the same game playing @ 1080p..

@ratul how is thread goin on?

as you can see, it's breathing.. :p
not too many questions now as their seems to be less buyers in this season... :p

i received my 4 GB g-skill ram yesterday, with in a minute i opened my lap and installed the ram to the second slot.Every thing went well. But i was shocked to realize that the ram is not recognized by my lap. I opened it again and removed the new ram and installed the dell ram in the second slot.....lap failed to boot even to bios..two beep sounds( means no ram detected) oops...2nd slot is a failure....then i tested the G-Skill one by inserting it to the slot 0..it worked fine. I wasted no time called the dell guy and showed the two beeps sound to him...he too was quick and registered the complaint, after an hour the local dell service manager called me and promised me that my lap's MOBo will get replaced with in 24 hrs...keeping my fingers crossed...

so guys if your lap's second slot is empty check it asap....

woah, that mini heart attack.. :shock:
but mobo now would be a refurbished one.. :(

josin

In the zone
woah, that mini heart attack.. :shock:
but mobo now would be a refurbished one.. :(
EDIT: Problem solved by dell service guy. It was not the problem of the motherboard but a small paper piece caused all this trouble..it was hiding inside the Ram slot Well I think there is no parallel to dell service, they were in my Home within 24hr and they actually came with a fresh piece of Mobo....they are just superb...

Last edited:

ratul

█████████████████
EDIT: Problem solved by dell service guy. It was not the problem of the motherboard but a small paper piece caused all this trouble..it was hiding inside the Ram slot Well I think there is no parallel to dell service, they were in my Home within 24hr and they actually came with a fresh piece of Mobo....they are just superb...

yup, dell service is awesome, they are always on time and with ammo required.. :p

Jakes

Broken In
I have order Dell inspiron 15r turbo
i7 version from compuindia.
The order is processing, money is debited from the account. How long does it stays in processing stage?

edit

I phoned them they said I have to submit vat form then only they can deliver in my area. :-( I cancelled the order they said they will refund my money in a week.

Last edited:

venkatv21

Right off the assembly line
Which is better 14R Turbo or 15R Turbo.
and which is bulkier??
which gives less noise and more battery life.

Which is more important 3632QM + 2.2GHZ or 3210M + 2.5GHZ??
please clarify & comment

i am confused as to which one to buy. Lenovo Ideapad or Dell Inspiron 14R turbo or Inspiron 15R Turbo.

i need a very good performance laptop with 14 inch and less weight. but looks like i couldnt find anyone - as per my expectation.

adityajss

aditya sharma
I have Dell Inspiron 4010 N which is 2 yrs old and its working fine but from last 6 months sometimes it got hang and creates irritating buzzing noise. can anyone help me out to solve this problem?

nandu26

In the zone
I have order Dell inspiron 15r turbo
i7 version from compuindia.
The order is processing, money is debited from the account. How long does it stays in processing stage?

edit

I phoned them they said I have to submit vat form then only they can deliver in my area. :-( I cancelled the order they said they will refund my money in a week.

Where are you located? Normally, Form 16 is required which is not required to be signed by ST officer.

androiderrr

Broken In
I have Dell Inspiron 4010 N which is 2 yrs old and its working fine but from last 6 months sometimes it got hang and creates irritating buzzing noise. can anyone help me out to solve this problem?

What kind of beeping sound? Is the beeping sound continuous? I had exactly the same problem with my old dell inspiron.....and I solved it by changing the keyboard

ratul

█████████████████
Which is better 14R Turbo or 15R Turbo.
and which is bulkier??
which gives less noise and more battery life.

Which is more important 3632QM + 2.2GHZ or 3210M + 2.5GHZ??
please clarify & comment

i am confused as to which one to buy. Lenovo Ideapad or Dell Inspiron 14R turbo or Inspiron 15R Turbo.

i need a very good performance laptop with 14 inch and less weight. but looks like i couldnt find anyone - as per my expectation.

state your needs first, definitely 15R is bulkier as it's a 15.6" screen compared to 14" of 14R.. :p
according to your needs, we can clarify that if i7 or i5 would be sufficient for you..

Jakes

Broken In
Where are you located? Normally, Form 16 is required which is not required to be signed by ST officer.

Dehradun uttarakhand

Where can I get that form?

Edit
They said form 17 is required
on their website there is no form 17 *comtax.uk.gov.in/forms

Last edited:

kickfury

Broken In
Has anyone purchased the 14R Turbo version? I spoke to a Dell representative, it seems this is shipped directly from Malaysia, so they don't provide any customization on the same. The specs are impressive and I'm more inclined for the 14" rather than 15" as I feel it would be less bulkier and I prefer something that is more compact. One concern I have right now is whether there would any issue with spare parts with the 14R Turbo.

Secondly, has anyone gone for the 2 yr extended warranty? Is it worth getting? generally laptops are sturdy and last a long time, not sure about Dell's reputation.

ratul

█████████████████
Has anyone purchased the 14R Turbo version? I spoke to a Dell representative, it seems this is shipped directly from Malaysia, so they don't provide any customization on the same. The specs are impressive and I'm more inclined for the 14" rather than 15" as I feel it would be less bulkier and I prefer something that is more compact. One concern I have right now is whether there would any issue with spare parts with the 14R Turbo.

Secondly, has anyone gone for the 2 yr extended warranty? Is it worth getting? generally laptops are sturdy and last a long time, not sure about Dell's reputation.

i don't have 14R, but for the warranty, i would say go for it..
My friend circle in college covers almost all the major laptop brands in market, and though the need of service depends on how you care for the lappy, most of them have the need for the service after the 1 yr warranty expired, mostly in 1.5-2yrs period, for some motherboard fails, or fan fails, or HDD fails, but they all have needed the service, today's laptops don't have the quality of old laptops, which used to last even 10 yrs., normal life is 3-4yrs for today's laptops, so warranty plays a vital role here..
Choice is upto you..

I am thinking about buying this laptop.. Inspiron 15R SE 3rd Generation core i5.. Where can I get this laptop at the lowest price possible?? Can I get it around 47-48K??

Top Bottom