Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

madmax012

Broken In
@ankurya
good to hear from someone who has ordered the 14r se..
what was your EDD on the dell site and when did it actually arrive at bangalore? My order was confirmed on 3rd august and till now the status is only at 'order received'. i hope it is not delayed.
btw i am from mumbai. hope to receive it here in lesser time. and please keep us updated here

ankurya1985

Rockstar In Nothing
@ankurya
good to hear from someone who has ordered the 14r se..
what was your EDD on the dell site and when did it actually arrive at bangalore? My order was confirmed on 3rd august and till now the status is only at 'order received'. i hope it is not delayed.
btw i am from mumbai. hope to receive it here in lesser time. and please keep us updated here

mumbai huh...it will take two to three days then, my EDD was 08-08-2012 but deleivered there on 02-08-2012...ull get it sooner then me...

yupp ill try to keep you updated...

Broken In
Hello guys!!! I may be out of topic here.. But does any of U guys know how to remove the 30fps cap in NFS Run????The cap spoils the entire experience. and btw I have an Inspiron 17R S.E. i5 version :)

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Hello guys!!! I may be out of topic here.. But does any of U guys know how to remove the 30fps cap in NFS Run????The cap spoils the entire experience. and btw I have an Inspiron 17R S.E. i5 version :)

disable v-sync in graphic options. :wink:

hemanthmalla

Right off the assembly line
How many hard disk slots does inspiron 15 special ed. 7520 have?? 1 or 2?? i want to add an ssd to it... can i?? anyone has any idea abt it??

ratul

█████████████████

well, as far as i know, nfs run is made like this, that the developers capped it to 30fps, me too did'nt got above 30fps, i once saw a patch to remove it, but can't remember, google it..

btw, how does 30fps spoil the experience, it still runs pretty smooth, and i don't think that you actually need above 30fps to play any game, unless in multiplayer..

Broken In
well, as far as i know, nfs run is made like this, that the developers capped it to 30fps, me too did'nt got above 30fps, i once saw a patch to remove it, but can't remember, google it..

btw, how does 30fps spoil the experience, it still runs pretty smooth, and i don't think that you actually need above 30fps to play any game, unless in multiplayer..

Burnout paradise plays consistently @ 60fps U can feel the speed difference in Nfs run... eventhough U go fast U feel like U re going a bit slow... also controls will be a little less responsive..

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Burnout paradise plays consistently @ 60fps U can feel the speed difference in Nfs run... eventhough U go fast U feel like U re going a bit slow... also controls will be a little less responsive..

Many games are capped at 30fps, even most ps3 and xbox games are capped at 30fps, all movies have either 24fps or 30fps max . if you have fraps enabled, just disable it and play, it'll take your mind of fps and you'll enjoy your game better.

ratul

█████████████████

it's not fair to compare Paradise and run, both use different architectures, gameplay tactics N Game engines..
I play both, and in run, i don't feel the less responsive controls, gameplay is smooth, and feeling of going slow on fast speeds, it's due to Frostbite2 dude, made to simulate realistic acceleration, there's nothing to do with 30fps here..

Many games are capped at 30fps, even most ps3 and xbox games are capped at 30fps, all movies have either 24fps or 30fps max . if you have fraps enabled, just disable it and play, it'll take your mind of fps and you'll enjoy your game better.

+1.. :thumbs::thumbs::doublethumb::doublethumb:

Broken In
it's not fair to compare Paradise and run, both use different architectures, gameplay tactics N Game engines..
I play both, and in run, i don't feel the less responsive controls, gameplay is smooth, and feeling of going slow on fast speeds, it's due to Frostbite2 dude, made to simulate realistic acceleration, there's nothing to do with 30fps here..

Oh!!! Good to know!!! :wink:

chinmaya

Journeyman
played prototype 2 today. getting 12-18 fps while playing. isn't that too low. tried all the procedures shown in the previous pages. Anybody facing a similar problem?

ujjwal007

Lost in games
played prototype 2 today. getting 12-18 fps while playing. isn't that too low. tried all the procedures shown in the previous pages. Anybody facing a similar problem?
it should run smooth i guess systems requirements are less 15r se can easily handle i think :|

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos

You guys tell all I want to say. The main thing is to enjoy gaming not to check fps all the time :lol:

I think you might playing on Intel HD 4000 GPU because I 'm getting upto 45 fps in my old laptop.

potheadninja

Broken In
It is because of AMD's faulty enduro technology, it is not on par with nvidia's optimus. Just manually configure switchable graphics and assign prototype for high performance, 7730m will kick in after that. I faced the same issue with syndicate, with hd4000 i was getting only 25-35fps but after manual configuration I got 50-100fps with 7730m.

Last edited:

chinmaya

Journeyman
It is because of AMD's faulty enduro technology, it is not on par with nvidia's optimus. Just manually configure switchable graphics and assign prototype for high performance, 7730m will kick in after that. I faced the same issue with syndicate, with hd4000 i was getting only 25-35fps but after manual configuration I got 50-100fps with 7730m.

Please Please tell me how to use the graphic card continuously. even i max payne 3 i tried forcing the dx 11, it is asking for a game restart but again after restart its still dx9. What is the solution for this problem??? :-x :-(. its been 1 month since i got the laptop, but not able to play a game to its full potential. :banghead::hissyfit: