Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

Anurup

Broken In
Can anyone tell me in what ways is the inspiron 15r special edition better than the normal inspiron 15r....on similar config ..i.e...i5, 4gb ram, win 7 home premium, 1TB (5400rpm) hard disk, 15.6" display(1366X768).
will be using laptop for programming(may use MATLAP,GIMP, Fireworks) , light gaming (FIFA12,NFS Carbon,CS source), movies (occasionally)
the inspiron 15r cost 50K and the special edition 55K...is it worth the xtra 5K??:confused:

girishpaiv

Journeyman
GTA IV Benchmark :
Settings:1366x768 and all maxed out
*i49.tinypic.com/21axxt3.jpg

Fraps Benchmark:
Avg: 31.568
Min: 19
Max: 59

Temp for entire gameplay:
(Played for abt an hour)
*i45.tinypic.com/2aev95w.png

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
can any one here confirm if dell still uses its "special recharging mechanism" or not?those who don't know dell used an id chip in mobo near charging jack which receives an identification signal from an identical chip in power adapter confirming that adapter is of dell.if for some reason this signal is not received or processed correctly either due to technical problems in mobo recharge circuit or adapter or trying to use a non-dell adapter the laptop battery will not be charged giving error message "unrecognized adapter".

SDP

Broken In
15R SE gaming performance for MAX PAYNE 3 with following max settings:
*i50.tinypic.com/dr6mms.jpg

FRAPS readings are(i tested and rechecked 3 times):
Avg: 19.833 - Min: 15 - Max: 41

and temps readings r :
*i45.tinypic.com/28am15w.jpg

and game play time was 1:30 hrs

In my inspiron 15r configuration same as yours max payne is showing 512mb of graphics. I changed in switchable graphics to "high performance" sitll its showing 512 mb. plz help

SDP

Broken In
not a tool...in the graphics settings of max payne it is displayed at the bottom...for sisley its showing 2048mb n for me its 512..

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
playing crysis2. Damn. Okay the 7730m may not be mighty but it is certainly better than my desktop gpu. Game is looking amazing and frame rates are silk smooth. Maybe its the new drivers too.

SDP

Broken In
15r se users can u plz tell wat does da memory of radeon 7730m read according to the software "speccy" ?

raj_55555

Journeyman
not a tool...in the graphics settings of max payne it is displayed at the bottom...for sisley its showing 2048mb n for me its 512..
Well, if you've tried everything else maybe it's time to contact Dell.
Here's a thread with the exact same problem, it's unsolved though.

girishpaiv

Journeyman
In my inspiron 15r configuration same as yours max payne is showing 512mb of graphics. I changed in switchable graphics to "high performance" sitll its showing 512 mb. plz help

Were you playing on battery?Bcos theres an option of High Performance vs Better Power Saving which chooses HD4000 in power saving mode!!
Even if a game(exe) is set to high performance , if on battery(in default settings) it will use only HD4000!!Do check this..

Having a great time. Crysis 2 gaming after 2 hours on maximum settings. Temps were between 72C to 78C :)

Thats great!!
Are you using any cooling pads??Or is it AC room??How/where do you place your lap ...can you post a snap of it?:)

Top Bottom