Dell Inspiron 14R/15R/17R Turbo Laptop Thread

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
if anyone manage to download the new video driver from dell website can you please upload it on some other site like mediafire? I'm getting file not found error every time i click the download button :(

josin

In the zone
if anyone manage to download the new video driver from dell website can you please upload it on some other site like mediafire? I'm getting file not found error every time i click the download button :(

same to me....:-x

by the way did you tried to turn Bluetooth off? i cant find how,there is no icon for Bluetooth in control panel

chinmaya

Journeyman
Got my laptop delivered today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! paid the amount on 5th july. atlast the tiresome wait has come to an end!! PHEW

I bought the i7 with 4gb ram.

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
press the first of the 3 shortcut keys on the top right hand corner of the keyboard. It will open the windows mobility center. Now press the Fn+F2. It would turn on the wifi and bluetooth. Now press the Turn Wireless off on the top right hand corner in the windows mobility center. Now only Bluetooth would be on and from now on you can toggle the bluetooth using the Fn+F2 key. Whenever you need wifi you can just use the windows mobility center again.

raj_55555

Journeyman
Got my laptop delivered today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! paid the amount on 5th july. atlast the tiresome wait has come to an end!! PHEW

I bought the i7 with 4gb ram.
Ridiculous Ridiculous Ridiculous!! Everybody is having their laptops delivered in time, why not me after almost a month :-x :hissyfit: :pullhair: :cryeyesout:

Anurup

Broken In
:noob:
Guyz, i am looking forward to buying an dell inspiron laptop in this month,but i am very much confused weather to buy the new inspiron 15r(5520) or the new inspiron 15r special edition(7520):confused::confused:
i have selected the following configuration in the two laptops
3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i5-3210M Processor (3MB cache, up to 2.9 GHz)
4GB 1 DIMM (4GB x1) DDR3 1600Mhz
1.0TB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit Media DVD
15.6" HD WLED True-Life (1366x768) - ICC

The normal 15R(5520) costs around Rs.50,000 and the Special Edition 15R(7520) costs around Rs55,000. In both cases tax not included.
From what I can make out the Special Edition has an extra 1GB graphics, better sound quality (Skull Candy Speakers) and a back lit keyboard.

My question is that is it worth paying Rs5,000 extra for the special edition? :?:?
I will generally require the laptop for programming and net browsing and watching movies(occasionally).
I am a moderate level game player generally play games like FIFA 12 ,CS and NFS Carbon. And as for he back lit keyboard i am really fond of it, but i can make do without it.:)
And my budget is around 55k to 60K(max). but i would not like to spend extra unless i absolutely need to:|
So guyz could you please solve my this problem:???:
Should i buy the inspiron 15r(5520) or the ispiron 15r special edition(7520)???:confused:
Any help will be greatly appreciated:!::razz:
hoping for an early reply:)

ratul

█████████████████
I have ordered with 8GB RAM :eek::cloud9:

me too... :p, and got in time...

well, my 3dmark 06 score was 10498.. :wink: lower than girish.. :|
Score 10498 3DMarks with AMD Radeon HD 7750M(1x) and Intel Core i7-3612QM Processor.

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8020/7557210944_baafc31a48_b.jpg

btw, was playing NFS Run @ Ultra settings, for two hrs in a non ac room, @ 25-30fps.. :mrgreen:

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8147/7557228930_8bf21b3f96_b.jpg
*farm9.staticflickr.com/8016/7557212204_7efe4291bb_b.jpg
*farm9.staticflickr.com/8431/7557211866_157f06c17b_b.jpg

And here are the temps: :wink:

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8156/7557210730_1b285fb047_b.jpg

well, battery wear level is 4% :-x, which was 2% yesterday, but today i ran some games for 20-30 mins on battery power @ my training center, and after that the wear level shot to 4%.. :-(
Is it a glitch, or playing games on battery increases the wear level @ this rate???

girishpaiv

Journeyman
btw, was playing NFS Run @ Ultra settings, for two hrs in a non ac room, @ 25-30fps.. :mrgreen:

[img:]*farm9.staticflickr.com/8147/7557228930_8bf21b3f96_b.jpg[/img]
[img:]*farm9.staticflickr.com/8016/7557212204_7efe4291bb_b.jpg[/img]
[img:]*farm9.staticflickr.com/8431/7557211866_157f06c17b_b.jpg[/img]

And here are the temps: :wink:

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8156/7557210730_1b285fb047_b.jpg

well, battery wear level is 4% :-x, which was 2% yesterday, but today i ran some games for 20-30 mins on battery power @ my training center, and after that the wear level shot to 4%.. :-(
Is it a glitch, or playing games on battery increases the wear level @ this rate???

did you put the HWMonitor running behind while playing to record temp..or started it after closing the game?bcos my temp reached once as high as 87 once after an hour of run!!:-(

I never did gaming on battery...but my wear level is also now 4% too!!
to confirm v will have to calibrate in bios !!

BTW whats your warrany period?
I still got only 1 year!!!:-(

ratul

█████████████████
did you put the HWMonitor running behind while playing to record temp..or started it after closing the game?bcos my temp reached once as high as 87 once after an hour of run!!:-(

I never did gaming on battery...but my wear level is also now 4% too!!
to confirm v will have to calibrate in bios !!

BTW whats your warrany period?
I still got only 1 year!!!:-(

well, i opened hwmonitor in b/w the game (alt+tab after 1hr 40min), and noted the temp then.. :p
but did'nt felt the heat touching 87C @ any point, actually the laptop produced more heat while playing crysis 2, it was much cooler in The Run..

and yes, i know that i should'nt game on battery, but a friend of mine wanted to test some games, and there was no charging point nearby, so i let him to play on battery... :banghead:
Calibration seems to be a lengthy process, will do it as soon as my classes are over, if you do it earlier, please do post the results then.. :)

and i said earlier that i extended the warranty to 3yr @ rs.9k @ the time of purchase... :razz:

Last edited:

raj_55555

Journeyman
Okay, so that means this some other issue. :? It should be deliver, one month is such a long time.
Yeah I know!! It was in transit for ages now. Yesterday I was furious and asked them to cancel the order. I was assured that I will have the laptop by Saturday. Damn!! I have already bought skyrim, crysis 2, Alan wake and batman :D

BTW I live in West Bengal, if you remember the entire "sales tax" kissa..

___EDIT___
I haven't ordered the 8GB model, but the i5+4GB model. The balance amount bought so many games :p
I will make it 8GB though, as soon as I get it.

Top Bottom